The River

(Picture of Alice)

Alice's POV

I laughed at Denis I who was spinning around on Cameron's lap while singing the lyrics to a Rhianna song that I couldn't remember the title to. He's so weird, and yet I have to marry him. This might not be too bad.

I just really hope he doesn't hate me. My dad had explained to me that since it's an arranged marriage, we don't really have a say in this. But there's still the proposing, and then at the altar or whatever. However, the wedding has to be before next year.

They are giving us a little bit of time to get used to each other first though, so a good thing. I've never really been in a real relationship, so I could seriously fuck this up.

I don't think that Denis knows this but, I actually do have a crush on him. I have ever since I found out the Asking got a new singer. I mean how could you not? He is a very attractive man and has an amazing voice. Then just to top it off, he's a giant man child. That in my book is a massive plus. Then there's the fact that he's really tall. Compared to me though, I'm only 5'2" and he's 6'3" so he's literally a foot and 1 inch taller than me.

And if his house is made for tall people, he better not get annoyed easily cause I will need him to get things off the top shelf. Either that or get a damn ladder. It's rather strange for me to have a thing for tall guys.

My mom had a day off of work today, which I didn't even realize. She walked into the living room to see me sitting on James' lap and Denis still spinning on Cameron's lap.

"Hey, Alice, Denis." My mother called.

"Hm?" I hummed my reply. Denis stopped spinning and payed attention.

"So Papa Bob wants to meet Denis, so Alice, you, me and Denis are going to the river. Collin might go, but Justin has work so he's not going. I hope you don't mind Denis, and Alice, knowing you; you probably don't have anything better to do." She explained.

"That's true, I don't have anything better to do other than pack up to move." I admitted.

"It's fine, other than I don't have a swim wear with me." He replied

"We can go shopping, and when are we leaving?" I asked my mom.

"2 days, and we're staying there for 3 days. Papa Bob is picking us up with his truck and trailer for the Four-Wheelers. So either today or tomorrow if you're gonna go shopping then go. And Denis if you buy anymore clothes while you're here, that's fine we can wash them." She replied. Denis nodded.

"Alice, what do you wanna do? Today or tomorrow?" Denis asked.
"That's up to you, you have all the energy in the world." I answered.

"Well, get your stuff and don't even bother bring money cause I'm paying. Just get your phone." He told me.

I nodded and grabbed my phone and slipped on my Vans. My mom handed Denis the keys to her car.

"Don't crash my car, and don't have sex in it either." My mom warned. Denis chuckled and nodded.

We walked out the front door. About an hour later we arrived at the mall. Denis slipped on his sunglasses and shortly realized that he didn't have any other form of disguise. I opened the armrest that was between us and handed him my dark green beanie. He thanked me and slipped on the hat.

We roamed around the mall hand in hand, a few hours later, the mall was going to close so we left. It has been a long day and we were exhausted.

Walking back into the house, not saying anything, I went to my room, took off my jeans and my shirt, slipping on my skeleton AA tank top and crawling in bed, plugging in my phone to charge. Denis walked in shortly after. He stripped down to his boxers and crawling under the covers next to me. The lights were off and Denis pulled one of my headphones out.
"Meh." I groaned. He chuckled.