What Pain It May Bring

Chapter 1:

"Stiles, you need to stop ...." Derek started to say.

"Again with this? Every month you play this stupid fucking game..." Stilles screamed at Derek... tears running down his cheeks... He turns away and starts toward Derek's renovated old/new house.

The pack just tries to stay focused on training...this is the 10th time, since they had started dating that Derek was pushing Stiles away...trying to get him to leave this life...trying to keep him safe... even though  they all knew it would kill Derek if Stiles did leave and never came back...they all knew, well except for Scott... sometimes.... all times he didn't pick up on anything... especially when it came to Stiles...they had been best friends since they were kids...but now, they were friends... but so much seperated them...Scott without noticing had replaced him with Issac....everyone saw this happen, no one said anything to him... especially not Stiles.

No Stiles never thought of himself...well not in front of anyone in the pack...it was at home alone in his room, that's when he could think of himself...and how he felt alone... no one knew, well Derek did... Derek always knew what was going on with Stiles... and Stiles always knew what what the emotionally constipated sourwolf was feeling...they both realized after the pool event and defeating Gerard and saving Jackson from being a Kanima, they fit together....they had strong feelings for one another,,, when they first started dating it was tough finding that grove, going from friends to lovers, well not lovers...that had to wait till Stiles eighteenth birthday... that was in a month and one day.. but today...Derek is pushing Stiles away for the tenth time... knowing it's for the best...it would keep Stiles alive and well...praying tomorrow he will come back to him.

"I don't get it Derek.. you said you loved me...why do you keep hurting me...WHY??" again Stiles yelled at him.

"You can't protect yourself... you are always getting attacked or kidnapped.. y-you are always getting hurt.....I can't let you continue with us."he said softly.'with me' he thought.

"Fine Derek...fine... If I leave ..I won't be coming back...I won't be yours anymore." Stiles sighed as he continued walking to Hale house.

"Good" Derek stated into the wind.His heart hurting..his wolf whimpering ..but Stiles always said this....but the next day or maybe two depending on how mad he was....he'd come back... and they would kiss and Derek would say he was sorry.....his fear of Stiles getting hurt... makes him crazy sometimes....even though he knows without Stiles, he would be so lost that he might never find his way back.

Derek turned back to training ...he wiped away a single tear, then started yelling at his betas....Stiles went into the house... he cleaned up the living room and kitchen... packed up his stuff...and left.... Derek heard him leave.... he had drove Stiles here... he knew he needed time to himself, so he let Stiles walk away into the forest... if he needed anything he would text one of the pack or his dad...his dad at first wasn't so happy to find out his son was dating Derek Hale...he was OK with him being gay...but dating a man 4 years older than Stiles...his son still under 18, he was almost 18..just one month after today.... but when they started he was seventeen... he laid ground rules... no staying at Derek's ever, well till he was eighteen.... they had to do dinner with him every week...then they told him the truth of what's really been going on in Beakon Hills...told him about werewolves, Kanimas, hunters and a few other supernatural threats they had ended... it was alot for the man....he wan'ted Stiles safe, but he could see the way Derek looked at him....he would keep hims safe always...Derek may do some stupid things, like break up with his son over and over again....but they always found each other again...it only took one, maybe two days..but they were back together..all over each other....again.

What set Derek off this time...was Stiles got abducted..again... this time by elves.... and no not like the cookie ones..these guys stood over 6'5"....they were tall and lanky....long silver hair, they liked to put it into one ponytail in the back.... they were afraid.... the rumors of a pack of werewolves working with humans and hunters....taking out supernatural beings..it scared them...they had to know, what was going on...so they took the easiest target....the one with the closest ties to the wolves...Stiles... when they discovered Stiles had been abducted...again....Derek roared... he was so pissed ...he was going to get hurt again...maybe worse than what Gerard did to him....maybe even get killed...Derek just wanted to love and protect Stiles....sometimes he mind would get twisted up and he thought he couldn't do both...that to keep him safe meant making him leave... the elves didn't hurt Stiles...no they were fasinated by him...especially Lian and Amack....those two really liked him...when they found Stiles... the two males had Stiles on the forest floor...rubbing his body and kissing his cheeks... just enthralled with the hyperactive teen....damn did this piss Derek off seeing this....Stiles had a big grin on his face...the elves said if he ever got tired of wolves he could come back to them....Derek was growling...it took Boyd and Peter to hold him back... all Stiles had to say was he was a supernatural dude magnet...what the hell thought Derek...Stiles is his...now three days later he's pushing Stiles out the door...again.

So Stiles is now walking through the forest to go home... crying and cursing... he takes out his phone...he has been doing a video diary since Derek and he started dating... he would upload it to his laptop...oh the all mighty cloud...he had been talking into the recorder for an hour now...not noticing he was off the trail and deep in the forest... he heard this noise...it was like nothing he could describe... a light behind him flashed bright blue in the shaded forest...he tripped and fell on his stomach... splayed out arms stretched out...he had one second to scream... he didn't get it out.

Three hours had passed since Stiles had left when training ended.... several healing broken bones and ribs...a few deep lacerations from claws and Derek called it a day...they all went back to the house..the pack could tell that there wasn't a heart beat in the house ...they knew Stiles had left... when they entered the house they saw he cleaned up the mess in the living room....they all piled into the kitchen and found sandwiches he had made for them... they all turned and scowled at Derek...well except for Scott, still oblivious to how far he had pushed Stiles out of his mind and life.. 

Derek looked and saw the living room clean... he smiled.... he followed the pack into the kitchen...it was all clean... and there was sandwiches...lots and lots of them...they were on plates....they had each pack memebers name....when he saw his, he chuckled under his breath..it was a plate of lemons...with a card that said Derek...SOURWOLF on it... he rubbed his hands over the lemons and smirked...then picked up the plate that said Stiles...because that was really his....the teen could eat, but not nearly the number of sanwhiches he had on this plate... he grabbed a soda and his plate and headed to the living room to be alone... he sat in his recliner...the one Stiles had bought him for his birthday...the pack called it the Alpha throne...don't be caught in the throne...but after they caught Derek and Stiles making out in it....over and over and over again...no one really wanted to sit in that chair....sorry throne...the scents from it were compelling enough.... 

"Where is 'mom' at?" he asked Derek as he sat down on the couch near the alpha.

Derek glared...when did he not glare,.. and growled deeply out,"home."

"You doing that shit again...god dad it's getting old." Jackson said smirking.

Derek again glared at him...but didn't say anything.

"What are you going to do when nerd boy doesn't come back to you or worse runs off with those two elf dudes?" Jackson said snikering....holding back barely the laughter trying to erupt out of him.

Again no words...the glare this time had red alpha eyes with it and a growl.

Jackson didn't say a word..he stuffed his mouth with a big bite of sandwiches.

They heard Issac let out a loud yell,"He made us brownies....damn lots and lots of different brownies.... YEAH!!"

Derek smiled... he took good care of everyone...especially him....and damn that boy could make brownies... they beat any brownies he had ever had...even his mom's... he always asked why his brownies were so good...he said he just followed his mother's reciepe... and of course he baked with love... oh yeah and he danced while he baked..it was something his mom taught him...that all the movements and passion in the dance went into the brownies....and damn if that must be the truth...but Stiles could bake like no one else Derek ever met... he was a savant at baking... brilliant.. just like research and stratigies.... he constantly impressed Chris Argent..hell he impressed everyone... he came up with attack plans...they never failed....he was the reason they defeated the alpha pack.... it took Stiles three week to figure out their weaknesses and devise an attack plan ...it was flawless...it had some hickups in it...but that was due to combatants...not the plan...his was a young group...but they won...with no one dying...it had been close though...losing some one.... the head alpha jumped at Stiles...if Derek had been one fraction of a second later in tackling him, the teen would have been dead... his mate was brilliant..his mate...he never told Stiles he considered him his mate...he had asked but Derek never answered....he was waiting till his eighteenth birthday.... to ask him to be his mate...them claim and mark him if he said yes...just one month to go..after today...he smiled...and actual smile.

Erica sighed as she elbowed Boyd...who poked Issac.... they smiled at each other...Jackson looked at them...then to where they were staring he chuckled and said."Dad are you thinking about mom.. I can see you are smiling ...that only happens when you thing of mom."

The pack were all softly laughing at what Jackson had said....Peter was laughing loudly...he actually fell on the floor....they were all softly kicking him to get him to stop... that's when Derek's eyes went glowy alpha red...and he roared....everyone stopped laughing and ate their sandwiches and brownies... and Derek smirked.