Adjusting to teenage life...

Dear me,

Do you remember when you were young, when you saw life as a magical wonderland, with talking animals and super heros that saved lives. When you would watch TV, dress up as your favourtie super hero, and pretend that you had special powers too. When those little legs would run like the speed of light, and may have stumbled every now and then, but got back up....and you kept smiling. Or even when you would sing and dance to 'The Wiggles?'

Do you remember the days you spent carrying around your toy rabbit, that was almost bigger than you, and you loved it too much to let it go..... Do you remember you birthday parties with all your little friends, and even when you were scared of that man dressed up in an Easter bunny costume. Do you remember those fears you had which now make you laugh?

Do you remember when you loved your family? Or when you accidentally killed your pet fish, by feeding it breakfast, lunch and dinner, thinking that if you didnt they would starve....

Do you remember loving your grandad, when you would play tennis with him in the backyard, or when he held you as a baby, and you knew that he was the father-figure in your life. What about when you danced 'Hips dont lie', by Shakira in the backyard, and dedicated it to him?

Do you remember when you had that kindergarden crush, who you said you would one day marry?

What ever happened to that innocence that made life so beautiful? Where did the time go? Where am i now?

Letting go of life now, would be like letting go of that rabbit i held so dearly before. That rabbit, although just a toy, was a piece of me. Yes I grew out of that 'stage' in my childhood... but there is no other substitute for life.

But also as time goes by you never realise that your life could change automatically for only one reason. Your sense of belonging, your strength, your joy....all destroyed. All this, because of a little something called 'being a teenager'.

Life through the eyes of a child is like living in a fantasy, but once reality creeps in, your life can be turned upside down. God do i wish i could live in that fantasy again! In that fantasy where life actually meant something.....