Chapter 1: Useless

Useless...

I'm useless. Being in an attic all day long, starving, being abused. I might as well just end my life today,

But get to know me and my story first,

The names Gracie, I don't know my last name, my mother has never told me it. I think I'm adopted, my mum has blonde hair and blue eyes. I have brown/hazel eyes and brunette hair.

Tomorrows my 18th birthday and my mum has never taken me out anywhere. She doesn't give me anything, we just sing that 'Happy Birthday' song and eat cake.

My life.. Well I hate it, mostly because I have no friends, other than Bambino. My cat, that I love so much. My mum got me it when I was just 5 years old. She never lets me go out, she never lets me do anything, all I do is sit around and do nothing.

I get depressed, my mum is a bitch. She won't even tell me my last name, and I'm 18 tomorrow, I have the right to move out and go do something with my life. I have attempted to sneak out but my mum would beat me if I did. And in tired of being abused.

I cut myself, well I used to. I have scars but there fading away. I have tried to kill myself but there's nothing in the house to do it with, my mum hides everything!

Well, I shouldn't kill myself because life is too precious to be taken for granted. But I have nothing, I don't do nothing, I'M USELESS!

I hate my life so much, I'm skinny. I think I'm anorexic because I look like a toothpick. My mum says everything I do is wrong.

Even though I'm home schooled I have straight A's, I'm a good girl, I never talk back to her. I have no idea what I do wrong when I never do anything.

..

I was watching spongebob on T.V. whilst I stroked Bambino's fur as he purred. My mum is getting dressed for work upstairs. It's 11:37 a.m. (UK TIME) and she always tells me never to open the door when she's not home.

*knock knock*

"Mum someone's at the door." I said whilst running up the stairs.

"Ok, stay here." She said and slipped on her jacket.

..

Little did I know that, that 'knock' changed my life...

..

"We need you miss to come downtown with us." A man in a black suit said.

"Wait? Why? What did I do!" She said whilst they put on handcuffs on her.

"You kidnapped a child and kept her hostage. You know exactly what you did. Check around the house, look for that child." The man said and took my mum out the house door whilst another man looked around and started to walk upstairs.

..

'Hello? Is anyone here?" The man asked. I was under my bed and there's dust, I'm allergic to "ACHOO!" I sneezed and the man looked under the bed and I screamed and rolled out under an grabbed my lamp next to my bedside table.

"Calm down love, we're here to take to to your real family, real friends, an your real mum. Come with me and I'll explain it, I won't harm you, I'm here to protect you." He said and took out his badge and showed me his license for the FBI. I nodded and put the lamp down and walked out the door with him behind.

...

"So your name is Gracie right?" The officer said.

"Yes, but I don't know my full name."

"Your full name is Gracie Lee Payne, your mothers name is Karen, and your fathers is Geoff, you have a brother named Liam Payne." He said. Liam Payne sounds familiar...

"Oh okay, so where am I going now?" I asked.

"Some officers are going to your house and clean it out and bringing your stuff to your real families house." He said. And I nodded.

"So can you tell me what happened to me?" I asked looking down picking at my nails.

"18 years ago you were kidnapped at the Hosptial. You were just about 2 days old and someone took you. And we kept searching for years and years till we finally found you." He said.

"So is my name really Gracie?" I asked.

"Yes, you were named by Karen but I guess Marie didn't change your name." He said. By the way, my kidnappers name was Marie.

"Oh ok-."

"Gracie! Oh my god!" A woman came up to me and hugged me. I thin she was my mother so I hugged back and started to cry.

"Hi mum." I said and smiled and se smiled back at me. Tears in her eyes.

"Gracie, your so beautiful, I missed to so much!" She said and hugged me tighter.

"I'm Liam, your older brother." A boy around my age said and hugged me.

"I'm your father! Come here!" Geoff said and hugged me tight.

"Can we leave now?" My mum asked.

"Yes, right after you sign these papers here." The officer said.

..

"So Gracie, you didn't do anything? You don't know where you live it anything?" Liam asked.

"I do, I live in London, and no I didn't do anything, I was kept hostage but I thought Marie was my mum."

"Well she's not, and your coming with me to go shopping! Mum and Dad ha e to work so it's me and you!" He said and took me to his car and we drove off.

..

"Oh my god! IT'S LIAM FROM ONE DIRECTION !" A annoying girl called out. I didn't know what was happening.

"Shit, Erm.. Lets go." He said and started running with me.

"Who's that girl?"

"She's a slut."

"Is that Liam's girlfriend?"

"What happened to Danielle."

Girls said to me but I ignored them.

Once we got into the car I asked Liam.

"What happend?" I said out of breathe.

"I'm in a band and were pretty famous." He said and I was shocked. Then it hit me. One Direction. He's from.. Oh my god.....