Chapter 1

Cursed. That's what I am, cursed. And I have been ever since I turned 13. My name is Malaya and I'm 28 now, I live alone in a romote area and I hardly see anyone, which is how it should be. But back then I lived in a quiet, simple and well...plain town - or so I thought. There was this house at the end of the street that was said to be haunted, but, no one ever really paid attention to it. The kids at school always joked around saying they've been in there, showing fake cuts and bruises that only the gullible thought were real. But my friends and I, being the big headed show offs that we were, just had to go in there - for real. Yea there were stories that people had died in there but they were only just rumors.... right?

So here's how my story starts. It was a sunny and calm Monday morning and I'd just arrived at school. I spotted my friends a distance away and started to run to them. During the weekend I had been thinking so much about the haunted house and how we should go. I'd even devised a plan for us to get out of the house, because, of course, my parents believe in that superstition crap and would never let me step near the house. When I reached my friends I immediately started to explain my idea, not letting them interrupt me until I was done. When I was finished, most of them had the reaction I'd hoped for. 

"OMG yes! Trust you to devise such a devious plan! I love it! When should we go?!" Marko said. In case you didn't notice, he's outgoing and well a sort of 'daredevil' but we all know he prizes that part of himself. 

"Um... I don't know about it guys. What if our parents see through the plan? We'd get in a load of trouble!" 

"Oh please it'll work easily!" I retaliated to Georgie, the worry wart of the group. 

The rest of the gang (Abigail, Veronica and Derek) all agreed with the plan enthusiasticly. It was only Georgie that was having second thoughts, but she was easily convinced.

So we decided it was going to be that weekend on Saturday. It was a couple of days before my birthday so all my friends told their parents that they were sleeping at my house but I had to think up of a different excuse that wouldn't leave my parents wondering where we were. Everything we thought of had a gaping hole in it, so the parents would be able to figure it out. Instead we decided to actually have a sleepover at my house but, as soon as my parents checked on us at night, that'll be our cue to leave. And so we did just that.

When the gang arrived, we all headed towards my room to quickly summarie our plan. But.... My parents had an idea of their own. They saw this sleepover as my birthday party so without telling me they went and bought a cake and decorations. "Knowing them, they'll probably have party games too!" I thought. And sure enough they did. It's not like I didn't appreciate all this because I did - I just wanted to go over our plan and maybe even fit in a little sleep before we go, because I dont cope well without sleep. Anyways, so my parents didn't think we were up to something we had to play all their games and eat their cake and enjoy it all. It was about 10:30 when we were finally finished and then I announced that we were all going to go and setup our sleeping bags in my room. While we were setting them up we frantically whispered our plan and made sure everyone understood. We didn't get to bed until after 11 and, because I was to excited about the journey ahead, I knew that I wouldn't get even a wink of sleep.

I'll Be DamnedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara