Chapter 2 The exscape

Brook drove as fast as she could she thought she had nowhere to go but she thought of one place . Her fathers house she drove there . soon as she got there she ran and screamed to her father help me help me , wanting him to protect her . She stayed the night the and she explained everything and her father told her that they needed to drive down to the police station and make a report they did the very next day and as they drove to the police station little did they know Jose Had found out where she was José had gotten angry and didn't want Brook to leave he knew she wouldn't come back and he couldn't let her go in his mind it was only one solution. He drove downtown in the outskirts of the city until he found what he had been looking for the store of auntie Mabel's  voodoo shack he ran in and bought everything you could think of think of dolls, salt, powder, and he forced auntie Mabel herself with a knife to her neck to read him a ritual of love to force Brook to fall back in love with him and stay with him and after she did he slit her throat .Meanwhile Brook and her father are at the police station they tell them everything and they know Jose from file this is not his first time having this kind of a problem the police get a warrant for his arrest and go out searching for him. José took all he learned from the store and book for the ritual to Brooks fathers house when he got there he broke open the a window ran up to Brooks room Poured the salt from the store all around the bed in the room he went downstairs took two candles and set them in the middle of the living room floor drew a circle with the powder salt and Chalk , took the doll and stabbed it through front and back took the book sat in the middle turned off all the lights and repeated the words from the ritual. The police Brook and her father were on there way back to the house and when they got there they saw that all of the lights were off and the window was broken open they could hear Jose screaming the words from the book the police ran in the door before he could finish José saw them took the knife from behind and ran to the them, her father ran in the kitchen and reached under the sink and got his gun, he ran back as fast as he could and shot Jose right in the chest . He died instantly . the police cannot arrest Brooks father because they filed it as self defense the police took José and Brooke stayed and cleaned up all of the powder salt and the other voodoo he had around the house . She went upstairs crying and she couldn't think of anything to do but to get on her knees and pray to God to help her, the father walked in the room to comfort her and prayed with her and hoping that it will all get better knowing that it will all get better a few months past Brook was doing just fine she got herself a new apartment a job and was doing just fine meeting new people and going on dates again until one night friend Josh had called her and told her about this guy that he knew he had been friends with since high school his name was Keith and he knew that she was looking for someone new so she could completely and totally get over Jose . Josh had set the of them up to go on a blind date she agreed , Keith already knew about it because he was the one who wanted to meet her he had seen her in a few of the frat parties with José and thought she was one of the most beautiful women he had Everseen so he was psyched about meeting her and going on a date. The day came and Keith came to pick Brook up in a 1991 Mercedes convertible with a single rose waiting for her to come outside, When she saw him her mouth dropped she found him the most attractive. He took her to one of the most expensive restaurants in the whole city and said she could order what ever she wanted off of the menu they talked and laughed and realized how much they really had in common they knew people that knew other people it was almost as if it was destiny to meet each other Brook felt amazing she felt almost as if she was happy again and Keith had the most wonderful time that night sitting there laughing being able to communicate with someone and be on the same page it was almost too good to be true (and it was it really was) .