chapter 1

• Dedicated to Everyone at school who's name I used

Well this is my first werewolf and vampire book so I hope you all like it <3

CHAPTER 1

I woke up one morning feeling really thirsty I haven't hunted in 2 week and father would be upset if I let my thirst take over me. I hopped out of bed and took and nice hot shower, after showering I put on my hunting clothes(Black legging, my Three Day Grace shirt , and my black chucks)and headed down to my father's office. I knocked three times and waited till he said I could come in.

"Good morning father how are you doing?" I asked as I took a seat from across him.

"I'm fine Deja. You're going hunting I see," Father said taking in my appearance.

"Yeah haven't hunted in 2 weeks, so if it is alright with you I will be going before school," and with that I walked out his office.

*****************************

When i got out side and ran straight to the woods next to the castle. As I was running I caught the scent of blood from a lion. I follow the smell until I found the lion asleep underneath a tree. Ready to pounce on it, a rough, husky voice stopped me at my tracks.

"Hey vamp what you are doing on m-" He stopped when I turned around. I felt this type of spark in my body and knew that this werewolf was my mate. How? How could this be? I'm the princess of the vampire he's werewolf. I was now running and not thinking about stopping until I reached grandfather, Aaron's cabin. I didn't bother knocking on the door before I barged in and ran to the living room where I heard him playing his piano.

"Grandfather!? I need your help!" I screamed while running to the living room.

"Deja stop the screaming I'm right here" Grandfather Aaron said while patting the seat next to him for me to sit.

"Grandfather, why didn't my mother ever tell me who my mate was?" Mother had died 5 years after I was born, from the war between the witches. She told everyone who their mate was so that there would be no complications.

"Honey, your mother wanted you to fine him on your own. So let me guess you found the lucky fellow. What's his name? Where did you see him? How tall is-"

I had to stop before this went on. "Just stop! I don't know his name. I had seen him while I was hunting. He's about 6ft4," I trailed on. "...BUT HE'S A FREAKING WEREWOLF! WHY IS MY MATE A WEREWOLF.AND LUCKY? HE IS FAR FROM IT; YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THAT FATHER WOULD KILL ANY WEREWOLF THAT WOULD AS SO EVEN SPEAK WITH ME. UGH! I'M DONE WITH THIS CONVERSATION I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL." I ran out before he could say anything else. When I got home father wasn't there so I changed and ran for school. Everyone bowed when they seen me; I just nodded back I was still upset about the fact that my mate is a WEREWOLF!

"Hey princess, want to make me your prince?" one of the guys that wanted the thrown, not me, I think was Eddie, said.

I smirked at him as I grabbed the collar of his shirt and raised him off the ground, "Or how about I make you the main course in a witch's stew?"I dropped him on the floor and walked over to my BFF's Kayla and Ashley J.

"Deja" the both squealed and hugged me.

I hugged back and yelled "KK, Alley"

We started walking to our first class Vamp studies when Ashley asked, "So why did you pick up Eddie?

"Because he asked if I could 'make him my prince'" I told them with a lot of humor in my voice.

"Gosh it's like guys just throw themselves at you, and you just turn them down. Soon you're just going to have to say yes. How many guys chase after you everyday 3, 4? "Kayla inputted,

"Five to be exacted. Eddie, Austin, DJ, Conner, Chad, and they just won't quit. Father said I had to pick a guy from now till 5 years. See now you don't have to worry about it because KK you have Justin and Alley you have Joel, but me I have no one and I don't want an arranged marriage, because IT WOULDN'T BE REAL."

"Miss. Anger could you please lower your voice when you are in my class." My Vamp studies teacher asked.

"If you will like to live to taste blood again I suggest you shut up and do your job or you won't have one."It's funny how my last name is how I am feeling right now.

My morning classes flew by quick and now its lunch time which is just cheetah blood soup for the royals and deer blood soup for the others below them. But for the werewolves that go here to it's a five course meal for the royals and burger and fries for the ones below them.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, so I turned around to see the werewolf from my hunt. My 'Mate.'

"Hi my name is Prince Alex; Prince of the Underworld and I was just wonder Princess Deja if you could notify the King of Darkness of the incident that occurred this morning my father would greatly appreciate that." So that's his name? Alex, I like it, it fits him.

"Sure thing pup nice talking to-"I was cut off by Conner throwing his arm over my shoulders and saying, "Babe what are you doing talking to this pup when you could be talking to me?" DJ came and kissed me on my cheek.

"Kissed me again and you won't have lips to kiss anyone." I snarled at DJ, taking Conner's arm off of me. "So Mr. Underworld it was nice talking to you. And I will sure to be telling my father about that, and I am really sorry. When I arrive home I will notify my father of the problem, and then make sure he gives your father a call alright?"

"Sure Deja no need to apologize I did catch you off guard you were only a few feet in. Glad it was me and not someone else."With that he winked at me then walked to the wolves' side of the cafeteria.

For the rest of the school day a few people asked me is there going to be a war with the two highest kingdoms on our planet, and I keep telling them no but no one ever listens. When I arrived back at the castle father was home so here we go.

"Daddy may I talk to you?"I called him from the living room.

"Sure Hun what's up?

"Listen dad it wasn't my fault. I promise! I was out on my hunt and didn't notice that I was on the werewolves land and the prince maybe have seen me and asked me to ask me to tell you to call his father and work it out."I said in a rush but Father caught all of it. His face showed so many emotions, if possible.

"YOU DID WHAT!?"Father yelled. He never yelled at me not even when I set our first castle on fire.

"Father please I was focused on the hunt I didn't know I had passed the border. I am really sorry."My voice got really small.

"Deja I'm sorry for yelling at you go somewhere else while I handle this."

Yes father. I will be at Grandfather Aaron's house call me if you need anything."I got up from the couch.

"Deja?"Father started pulling out his phone when it rang."Oh speak of the Devil it's self

(Phone Call)

"Reece long times no speak how are you?"Father asked.

"Davian I'm doing pretty good besides the news that I have heard today from my son."

"Listen Reece my daughter is really sorry about passing the border she was in mid-hunt and didn't notice until your son stopped her.

"I'm going to let this side once but don't let it happen again or there will be war.

(END OF CALL)

"Daddy may I go now?" I asked father as he put his phone in his jacket pocket.

"Sure Sweet Pea and hunt before coming back, and stay on our land this time."

"YES SIR." I ran going to Grandfathers. I had to say sorry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashley and Kayla, Dejanique Bestfriends, on the side >>>>>