The Marshall Mystery came with A Clue.

Well... Here we are, a new chapter that literally took me weeks to come up with and an entire month to actually write.In all honesty when I began this story I was just writing as I went, instead of planning. Horrible idea.

Which is why this took so long,because I actually took time to plan it and edit it.

I hope you enjoy this!

[ Chapter 3 ] ; The Marshall Mystery came with A Clue.

Bubba looked around the treehouse.It was old and the floor creaked as he shuffled across the room.

After a bit of searching he felt his breath hitch in throat as a a picture frame came into his view.In the picture,two boys stood next to each other with their arms wrapped around each other.One of the boys seemed to annoyed but everyone with eyes knew he was more than happy with the blush that covered his face.The other boy was smiling, and something in his eyes told the seemed to be enjoying the fact the other was blushing.Maybe because he knew he was the cause of it.

Bubba ran his finger across the picture.Though the picture was faded it was like it was taken yesterday.Bubba could distinctively smell the the burning of firewood.

The fire crackled and the music blasted through speakers making the ground shake.Bubba stood awkwardly as the people around him danced on each other.He grimaced slightly as the sweaty bodies around him moved together as if they were trying to merge into one being.

He looked away from the crowd and stared up into the sky.It was late.His parents are going to ground him for so long he isn't even going to remember what got him grounded in the first place.He huffed at that thought.He wouldn't be out here if Marshall hadn't dragged him out here.Literally.He still had twigs in his hair.

As he distracted himself, he failed to notice the tall,dark-haired figure creep up behind him.Said figure blew a breath of hot air on the back of his neck making the boy shiver and yelp in surprise.

Bubba turned to the figure and glared."Marshall,please never do that again."He whined.

"I don't think I will,especially if you react like that." Marshall said with a chuckle.Bubba sneered at him and rolled his eyes.

Marshall smiled and stood next to the shorter boy as a band took the stage and began to play.Bubba closed his eyes and got lost in the music.

"Domingo en fuego, I think I lost my halo,
I don't know where you are,
You'll have to come and find me, find me.

We've problems
We've problems

Help me polarize, help me polarize,
Help me out,
My friends and I have problems."

The singer sang and Bubba nodded his head to the music.

"Hey,Marshall, what is this song called?" He asked.

"Polarize." Marshall answered watching the red haired boy.Bubba leaned into the taller boy and shut his eyes.

Marshall wrapped his arms around him and placed a kiss on his head.

Bubba smiled sadly at the memory when suddenly he felt something dash across his feet.He gasped and dropped the picture frame,making the glass shatter.

He jerked his head around to see a raccoon staring back at him. He glared at the rodent and tried to shoo it away.It only tilted it's head before scampering away.

The red-head shook his head then looked back at the broken picture frame.He leaned down and picked up the picture, being careful not to cut himself on the glass shards.

He studied the picture again.Why?Why was he even here? What made him come here? Why did has stayed this long,remembering all of these things?

He clenched his jaw in anger and crumpled the picture in his hands. His eyes blurred with angry tears and he furiously wiped his eyes with his hands.As he unclenched his hands he felt something stick to to the palm of his hand.

Tape. He sniffled before unfolding the picture,finding a folded piece of paper stuck to the back of the photo.He unfolded the note and quickly read the messy handwriting scrawled across it.

"I don't know where you are, You'll have to come find me, find me."

Do you remember this?

I do. It was the first concert you'd ever been to. You hated the way everyone smelled. Like sex and weed. But you loved the way the music sounded. The way it make you close your eyes and feel the vibrations through the floor. That's what I remember the most. You would close your eyes and block everyone out.

It made me think a lot.

I thought I was the one who needed to be polarized, but I was wrong. You do.You've been avoiding it. Looking for me, I mean. You know where to look.

Come find me, Bubba.

Marshall Lee.

Bubba was crying. Again. But this time he could stop.

"You're an ass." He said.

He shoved both the picture and notes into his pocket before making his way out of the treehouse and went home.

He was right. Bubba was avoiding it.He sighed as he walked up into his front door,opening it and shutting it behind him.

The sound of snoring was the only thing he could hear. Glancing over to the living room, Bubba could see his mother passed out on the couch with various cans of booze and half finished cigarettes laying around her.

He pursed his lips and tsk'ed as he headed upstairs to his bedroom.

After a shower he collapsed onto his bed and rolled himself up in his comforter.

"Warm." He whispered and curled up and drifted into a much needed sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh,my goodness.

How was it? Was it okay? I hope it was. I can't believe I made you guys wait so long for this.
This barely reaches 1000+ word, which kinda makes me upset because I feel like I wrote more than that.

Anyways, I hope you like this!

Oh and the song is Polarize by Twenty One Pilots. The song belongs to them not me.

In other news I have changed the cover! And I'm also contemplating on changing the name, but I'm not sure yet.

Okay! Byebye,you lovely people! ~ Jae.