Chapter 1

(F/N)=first name (F/C)=favorite color (H/C)=hair color (E/C)=eye color      
       A sigh escaped my lips as I looked at the letter sitting in front of me on my desk. I just don't understand. After I give up on Ciel Phantomhive I get a letter inviting me to his ball? This is absurd!
"Ucha get the carriage ready I will attend this ball," I called to my butler.
"Right away Miss (F/N)," Ucha said. He bowed with one hand over his heart and exited my office. Next I turned to my maid.
"Mimi pick a dress please. I would do it myself but I'm afraid I'm knee deep in paperwork," I called to my maid Mimi.
"Right away miss," she said cheerfully as she ran to my wardrobe. I tucked a strand of my (H/C) hair behind my ear and continued the paperwork. Every so often I would look to the corner of my desk to see the letter mocking me.
"Will this dress work miss?" Mimi asked as she pulled a (F/C) dress from my wardrobe.
"I suppose it will do," I sighed as I stood from my comfy (F/C) chair. As I neared Mimi I began to wonder why this ball was being held in the first place. After all Ciel wasn't one for balls and I'm sure no one would call a ball at his manor without his consent except for one person. His fiancé lady Elizabeth.
"That hurts Mimi," I growled as she pulled the strings on my corset tighter around my waist.
"I-I'm s-sorry miss but it h-has to be t-tight!" My maid exclaimed in a panicked voice as she pulled the strings tighter. I felt the wind being pushed from my lungs as Mimi finally tied the strings together.
"Thanks Mimi," I said breathlessly as she slipped the (F/C) dress over my body. Mimi simply nodded her head before she scurried out of the room.
"M'lady your carriage awaits," I heard Ucha say. I turned to see him staring at me with a smug grin on his face. Oh how I hate that smug look!
"Thank you," I say coldly as I brush past him. Ucha simply bows once more before following closely behind me. Why did my father assign such an annoying butler to be the one to watch over me in the overworld? Ucha climbed into the carriage before me and offered his hand to me but I didn't take it and climbed in without any help.
"My my aren't we the cold one tonight," Ucha said. I would love to wipe that annoying smirk right off his face but sadly that isn't very lady-like and is frowned upon.
"Phantomhive Manor please," I say to the driver. Not a second later the carriage is moving and I'm staring out the window watching all the people still out on the streets even though it is dark. People have no caution these days.
"Are you going to ask Ciel to dance?" Ucha asked. At the mention of Ciel and dance in the same sentence my cheeks turned bright red and I could barely form a suitable sentence to answer him.
"W-what n-n-no! I m-most certainly w-will not!" I yell quickly. Ucha chuckled and I could tell he didn't believe a word I said. Of course my stuttering and bright red cheeks didn't help my case.
"Whatever you say miss. By the way we have arrived," Ucha said. The footman opened the door and Ucha exited first. He offered his hand to me and when I saw the frown that had replaced the annoying smirk that had been there a few moments ago I graciously took it. Ucha never frowned unless trouble or another of our kind is near.
"Two demons are here. One's a crow and one's a spider," he whispered in my ear. My expressionless demeanor cracked and I plastered a fake smile on my lips.
       "Do not attack unless we are attacked," I whispered back and he nodded. I was greeted by four of Ciel's servants as I made my way to the door of the manor and once I got there a handsome young man with black hair and crimson red eyes greeted me with a fake smile.
"Hello my fellow..." I began before I looked around to see if anyone would be able to overhear the last part of my statement, "demon." The man looked shocked before he plastered his fake smile on once again and opened the manor's door. The first thing I saw was Ciel in a fancy blue tux that displayed his wealth with a top hat on top of his black hair. If I looked closely I could see blue roses with gray leaves and a blue ribbon on the hat and I had to wonder if lady Elizabeth picked it out for him. It was so different from Ciel's normal attire that at first I didn't even realize it was Ciel.
"Welcome!" I heard a very feminine voice squeal. I noticed Ciel turn to look at what was causing such a loud noise and his beautiful blue eyes locked with my (E/C) ones before a girl with blond hair and emerald green eyes wearing a pink dress ran up to me.