Chapter Nine: Nowhere is Safe

Beginne am Anfang

   He went up another level, still with some wet prints on it. Thompson began to feel uneasy and his heart started to beat faster, it felt like someone was watching him. He continued to search the place before coming face to face with a terrifying monster.

Jack jumped, making him drop his flashlight. It was just a huge painting of a lion. The detective scoffed and picked up the dropped object. He turned it on but the beam of light began to flicker uncontrollably, damaged by its impact with the floor. He gave it a hit near the bulb and it returned to normal.

   Then a door to his left creaked open, there were holes in it and it appeared that someone punched through them. There he read the label:

UTILITY CLOSET

   The detective cocked his gun and aimed it at the opening door, "Who goes there?" He panted.

   The sound of footsteps came from inside the closet, and soon enough, a man stepped into the beam of the flashlight: a thin and sickly man with messy hair, broken leg and arm. He recognized that it was Nick Fisher.

   Nick smiled, "Thank God you came!" He said taking a step closer to the detective, happiness was in his tone, "Look, we gotta get out of he—"

   Jack Thompson raised his gun higher, keeping his stance, "Stay where you are and put your hands up!" He raised his voice, making the man jump and immediately raise his hands. Jack hurriedly took out a pair of handcuffs.

   "Wh-what's going on?" Nick asked, confused by what was happening. "Officer, what are you doing?"

   But the detective never responded, he forced Nick's hand behind his back and locked in the cuffs. "Nicholas Fisher, you are under arrest for arson at Fazbear's Fright and for the murder of two people."

   "Wh-what?" The man stuttered while struggling from the binds, he knew he was guilty with the first accusation, but not the second. "You don't understand! There's an animatronic trying to kill me, and it followed me to the hospital! It was him you want, not me!" He grunted.

   Jack never listened, "You're a sick man, Fisher. First you torch your workplace then you claim that an animatronic murdered those people?"

   "Please believe me!" He pled, "Please."

   "You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be held against you." Jack said flatly.

   "I'm not a killer." The detective ignored this again and pushed Nick forward, using his flashlight to guide their way back.

   They went past the dark corner beside the stairs when he heard rustling sounds coming from it, "What the hell is that?" He asked.

   Nick trembled, "We-we need to get out of here now!" He said.

   "Shut up!" Jack whispered aloud, and took a step closer to the dark corner, he felt a knot on his throat the moment he beamed the light on the corner. His heart skipped, but to his relief, it was just a rat.

   "Come on, let's go. He could be anywhere!" Nick exclaimed, only to be silenced again by the detective.

Then the flashlight malfunctioned, flickering on and off. "Shit." Thompson tapped on it but it wouldn't work properly.

   Suddenly there were heavy footsteps a few feet from them growing closer. Jack pointed his flickering flashlight to where it was coming from. He caught a glimpse of a figure standing at the end of the hallway, walking closer. "Who's there?" He aimed his gun while the light continued to blink. The footsteps continued to proceed, accompanied with heavy breathings that made their hairs stand on end.