Chapter 1

Felix's Pov

"Good Morning Felix" 

"It's good to be back, Gary." Because I am in the principal's office on a regular basis, I sort of get the advantage of calling Mr. Truman by his first name. 

"It says here you've had 2 suspensions in the last semester," Gary says with a sour look on his face. I am confused because that number is wrong, and I would know.

"That can't be right, I thought it was 3?"

"Two, Felix, Two suspensions." He stares at me as if he is saying 'do you want to have 3?'

"One in September for rewiring the cheerleaders fund-raiser money to a koala bear sanctuary."

"Good cause, right?"

"I think you owe a dozen cheerleaders an apology."

"I think there are two dozen koalas that would disagree with that, Gary." I say with a  mischevious grin across my face. Gary stares at me with cold eyes. I know he wants to laugh too.

He continues saying, "And then again, in October for programming the gym scoreboard to display an indecent photo of Mrs. Jensen."

"I think I did everyone a favor with that one."

"I'm not gonna play games with you, Felix. Two suspensions in a single semester is unheard of here at Eastwood High."

I chuckle and say "Mr. Truman, I understand I'm... I'm not what you'd consider an exemplary student. But I believe I play a HUGE role in the operations of this school.If I wasn't here to test the rules, how would the other students even know they existed? You gotta agree with that."

"You do play a big role in this school, but today I was told that you hacked the vending machines to give out free gum to students.Is that true? Gum? Are you trying to get expelled?"

"And deny you the pleasure of my company?" I stop there and think of something to say. "And at least they didn't have to pay for it."

Gary stares at me as if I know what's coming next, even though I don't.

"I'm expelling you, Felix. That's it."

"Wait. Seriously?" Gary looked at me and laughed.

"That was your third strike."

"So that means I can't come to class anymore?"

"HA! You'll never set foot in this school again."

"Gary... I don't know how to thank you. Incredible. I spent my whole school career trying to ditch class, and they punish me by giving me an early retirement!"

Gary stares at me in anger and points at the door. When I step foot out of this school, I won't have to come back. Ever.