According To You (Larry Stylinson AU)

Prologue:

                  "Do we really have to do this?" I looked over at Will, and he nodded his head up and down. It was a Friday night, and he had dragged me to some open audition night at an underaged pub. They were holding a battle of the bands here in a few weeks, and Will had dragged me out today so we could learn the lay out of the stage.

                  We were in a band called White Eskimo, and we played punk rock and classic rock music. Our inspirations are Bryan Adams and the Ramones with a bit of Blink 182 in it as well. We were all 15, and we were best mates. We'd started this band a year ago, and I was the lead singer.

              My vocals weren't that great, I thought as we sat in the back and heard the first band playing. Their band was half boys and half girls, and the lead singer was a female. Her voice was amazing, I could never hit the same range she could. I looked over to Will, my eyes wide.

             "Calm down, mate. We can kick all their asses." He chuckled, and I just nodded, taking a breath. I wasn't good in front of large audiences. At school, I wasn't wildly popular. I had my group of friends that were in the band and that was about it. I wasn't hated, but I was more of a nerd than popular.

                    Sure, I had tons of girls who liked me. My mother said it was because no one could resist my curls and dimples. I just thought it was because I treated them differently than the other guys. I'd never really had a girlfriend, because no girl has ever really interested me, but I did once have a sexual encounter with one of my friends in the band, Haydn.

                   We were 12, and we were both curious, and we did things that we don't really talk about anymore. SInce then I've known I've had a keen interest in men, but I liked women as well so I didn't really refer to myself as gay. I was open.

                 I was snapped out of my thoughts when the announcer called out the next band. Will pushed me playfully, and I looked up. It was an all-girl group and they looked a bit....cheeky. It seemed a bit odd, considering it was raining and chilly outside yet they were wearing short dresses. When I noticed they were all matching, I turned to Will.

                "We should coordinate our outfits for the night!" I said, and he looked at me, rolling his eyes. "Isn't that kinda like something a boy band would do?" he asked, and I quickly groaned. Will and the other band mates hated pop music, while I was more into everything. My greatest inspiration was the Beatles, one of the best boy bands of all time so I didn't mind being called a boy band.

                "We should all at least match a bit. Maybe jeans and a black shirt? Just something like that." I suggested, my voice cracking a bit. He teased me about my voice for a moment before he went back to listening to the music. I could tell he thought the girls were hot, but none of them specifically sparked my interest.

                 Sighing, I leaned against my elbow and started stirring my drink. I stared down for a few minutes until I heard them announce the next band. "Performing next, The Rogue!" I smirked a bit to myself, laughing at the name. When I looked up, I was surprised to find that it wasn't a band of geeky nerds playing techno music. They all looked pretty fit.

                 My eyes couldn't choose who to look at first. The guitarist was pretty tall and the drummer had broad shoulders, god how I loved broad muscular men. But what caught my attention was when the lead singer started singing. I didn't recognize the song but it was some upbeat pop song. I could tell Will was disinterested, but I sat up straighter in my seat.

                 The lead singer has hair that looked like a silky light brown. Even from my seat in the back, I could see his electric blue eyes. He was wearing red jeans rolled up-who does that?- with a black and white striped shirt. He had an unzipped jumper on top with the stirngs tied. He looked odd, different than the other boys. The other boys looked like all boys our age did.

                  I listened closely, noticing how his voice was soft and gentle. It was much different to mine. My voice was deeper, though I was still going through puberty and mum said it would get even deeper. His voice was higher in pitch, I wondered what he sounded like when he talked. I noticed the way he swayed his hips with the music.

                 He was tapping his foot, keeping the beat and as the song ended he held a long note. The place clapped, and when they went off stage my eyes followed them. I barely heard the announcer say "Give it up for The Rogue, a regular here." They sing here often? I'd only been here a few times, but I still hadn't seen him.

                    "You ready to go?" Will asked, and I shifted a bit in my seat. "Can we go backstage and see them? They were pretty good, we should congratulate them." I said, mumbling and talking slower than usual. I wanted to ask how he held that note so long. My voice cracked when I tried. I wish I could sing as good as him.

                     Will groaned. "Fine. You go on ahead, I'm going to go talk to the girls who played before them. I nodded, chucklign as I headed back stage. I hope he realized those girls were only like thirteen. I stood backstage, my eyes searching for them until I heard a few boys wrestling and joking outside the bathroom.

                        I headed in that direction, a bit disappointed when I saw Louis wasn't there. Because I had just walked directly to the boys, I had to pretend that I was using the loo. I headed in, leaning against the counter and covering my face. I let out a deep breath, before groaning. I was about to wash my hands and leave until I heard the click of the door and then there he was.

                    He gave me a polite smile, going to wahs his hands so I moved out the way. I stared at him, but when I realized he was about to walk out the door I held my hand out and said "Wait!" He turned abruptly, raising his eyebrow. "Yeah, curly?" I blushed a bit, and rolled my eyes.

                      "You have an amazing voice and I just...erm...y'know...You're like good. So. How did you hold that long note?" I asked, realizing I was stammering as well as talking slow. He chuckled at me, waving his hand at the question. "Just, practice, innit?" He laughed, and it was angelic. "So, are you in a band?"

                    He asked, and I nodded. "Yeah. We're actually doing the competition of the band contest thing here next month." He stood up straighter, and I saw him roll his sleeves up. "Well, I guess I shouldn't be conversing with my competition then?" I looked over at him. "Shit, I have to go against you?" There was no way my band was better than his.

                   He nodded, cockily. "Yeah. You seem a bit young and inexperienced mate. So just a quick bit of advice?" I nodded, scooting closer since he lowered his voice. He stretched a bit, leaning forward before whispering in my ear.

"Just give up, I'm going to crush you." And with that, he was gone.

Hello my curlies!

Check out my other Larry Stylinson stories and comment!

XX