"Well, you took her to the dance, I thought you were dating her."

He smiles at me, "No, Sang. There's only one girl I want to take out on a date."

I stare at him, not daring to say a word, because by the look in his eyes I believe he's talking about me. Instead of asking me out on a date though, he asks me about the talent show.

"Are you going to participate?" He asks, holding up the flyer.

"No, I don't need extra credit. Are you going to play the piano?"

He shakes his head, "No I only do that because Jasmine wants me to."

"I've never heard you play before, I bet you're amazing." I tell him with a small smile.

He looks up at me with a glint in his eye, "I would reconsider if a certain someone agrees to be my vocalist."

"Me?"

"Yes, what do you say? I'll play the piano for you if you enter the talent show with me."

"I can't really sing."

"Then we'll need to practice. Twice a week every Friday and all day Saturday from now until the talent show. Come on Sang, it'll be fun."

I'm hesitant because I'm not sure if I can do it. Get on stage in front of the entire school and sing? I'm going to suck at it and Victor's beautiful music will be ruined,  but I can't say no to Victor. The excitement and fire in his eyes is enough to convince me to agree.

"Okay, I'll do it."

We go back to our busy work and soon the bell rings for class to be over. As I head to my next class I think about how Victor didn't ask me on an official date, but he did rope me into 'practicing' with him twice a week until the talent show. Sneaky, sneaky!

__________________________

As I thank Kota for driving me home and walk up to my room the butterflies start up in my stomach again. Just a few more hours until North picks me up for our date. I keep myself busy by finishing up some homework and picking out clothes to wear.

Finally the time passes and it's only twenty minutes until North is supposed to pick me up.

BEEP!

A text comes in on my cell phone and I race over to answer it.

NORTH: I'm so sorry Sang, bike trouble and Luke is using the car right now.

SANG: oh no! Do you want to re-schedule?

NORTH: No! I'm fixing it up right now, I'm just going to be running late. Do you mind meeting me at the restaurant?

SANG: Okay I'll head over there in a bit.

NORTH: Thank you, Sang. I'm buying you the biggest Zuccotto they offer to make it up to you.

Zuccotto! The upside down Italian cake topped with chocolate and hazelnut mousse? That is so unlike North. He must feel really bad.

To give North time to fix his car and make it over to the restaurant I wait twenty minutes then ask my mom to drop me off.

Once there I make my way inside and wait by the front for North.  Once again the smells overwhelm me. So many filter through the air one strong above the rest, but I can't quite pin point it.  

"Table for one?" I hear behind me.

As I turn around I notice it's Cody the waiter. "Hey! I'm just waiting."