"Yeah yeah." I mumbled.

"Drop off Avery and meet him at La creme, he says he'll be running a bit late but will deffinetly be there." and with that she walked off her blood red heel clacking off on the linoleum floor.I sighed and got in with Avery.

"I hate my mother." I say through gritted teeth. Avery laughs and pats my head.

"Finally your going on a date!" she squeeels and I cringe I drive off and soon were on the road back to Averys house.

"So is Josh cute? How come I've never met him?" Avery rattles off questions.

"Oh! Maybe we can double date!" she exclaims. I shake my head and tap tighten my grip on the steering wheel.

"Josh is a complete nerd and you've never met him because we were childhood friends you and met in first grade." I said pausing.

"And plus this is the ONLY time I will be going on a date with Josh so NO double dating." I said firmly and pushed on the brakes to stop in front of Averys house. The car lurched forward and we both leaned into our seatbelts pretty painfully.

"Fine." Avery and grumbled and unbuckled her seatbelt to get off the car.

"Bye!" I yelled out the window and reversed back as fast as I could and and sped away to the stupid restaurant.

*********************************

I was sitting down playing with my neatly sat fork as my eyes settled on the door, waiting for him to step through. I've been waiting for nearly twenty minutes and I was beginning to get bored and anxious. I lookes around at the surprisingly confu restaurant. It was a black, red and white themed restaurant with nice comfy leather red table booths. I sat in one with a single candle in the middle in a black and white glass bowl, red rose petals floating around it. Everytime I heard the chime of the bells on the door, I looked up so when the bells did ring and I my eyes connected with piercing blue ones, I felt like I had been electrocuted. I shook my head. Nope not Josh, I thought. But when the gorgeous boy with the blue eyes and golden hair started aproaching my table. I started paniking and sliding under the table to hide myself. How pathetic is it to be by yourself at a restaurant when your date never bothered to show up?

"Sorry Im late, I had to finish something at work." a deep voice said, inturrupting my thoughts. I looked up and met the same piercing blue eyes sitting right across from me.

I think I was drooling.

"You remember me, right? It's Josh." he said. I think my jaw dropped twenty feet. No seriously my mouth was hanging open. After several minutes of akward staring I finally sputtered out," Jo-Jo-Josh!" and gulped the wad of spit caught in my throat.

"Yeah, wow I haven't seen you in forever, how have you been?" he asked genuinly smiling and looking like he really wants to know.

"Uh good, how have you been I mean last time I remembered you were this geeky little boy." I blurted out. Josh laughed and ran his hands through his hair. Boy did he look sexy doing that, He should really be a model. I'd stand in front of the TV twenty-four/seven just to see him shirtless. I could tell he had really well defined muscles under that thin v-necks white shirt and navy leather jacket.

"Yeah, I grew up. Once I hit middle school I guess it kind off hit me that I shouldn't let my mom dress me up." he said and laughed I giggled and watched as his eyes sparkled into the light of the candle.

"So I started to dress better and then I guess I improved." he said and gestured to himself. Oh boy oh boy did he really improve. I nodded apreciatevly and looked at the blond waitress who suddenyl appeared before us. She was twirling a lock of her hair flirtaciously and was batting her eyelashes furiuously. I rolled my eyes and watched in amusement as Josh completely ignored her and just ordered his food and then waited patiently while I asked for my order. The girl walked away angry and I turned to look at him, only to find him looking at me so attentive.

"What?" I said and took a sip of my cold water.

"Wow, you changed too, your so beautiful now." he said and I blushed. I know I wasn't beautiful, but it shure felt nice to hear it.

"Im serious Kari, you've deffinatly changed." I grinned and then in the mist of all the compliments I became a little flustered and spilled my water all over the table. I scrambled for some napkins and hurredly tried to wipe away the water. Josh laughed and touched my arm lightly, making me look up at him.

"I guess not everything has changed your still the same klutzy Kari I know." and then helped me dry off the table. Josh told me more about his life and his new job as a bellboy at this new fancy hotel as we waited for the food. He told me funny stories and soon I was laughing so hard I couldn't eat because then I'd choke on it. Josh was surprisingly fun and when the night ended I was dissapinted to be heading back home to and emtpy house.

"Well it wa real nice spending time with you, do you think maybe we can do this again next Saturday?" he asked timidly. I smiled brightly and pecked him on the cheek swiftly.

"Yes." I said and then turned around to head inside.

Comment. Vote. Fan:)

Love, stephanie<3