Chapter One

(Jack's POV)

Class begins with the teacher explaining what the class is. "I'm sure you have all heard the rumors about what I teach here. That is most likely why you took this elective. Well to clear the air, this class is called human behavior. I teach all aspects of it, and yes that does include the topic of human sexuality or sexology. No I'm not teaching about sex. That's for health class. But sexuality itself, is an important aspect of human behavior; one of the most confusing aspects, in my experience. Any Questions so far?"

I raise my hand. I want to know why he called me out. "Mr. Oz, why did you call me out after I sat down? You made assumptions about me after what 2 mins based on where I sat, then assumed another aspect without even asking me. When Zack walked in you also assumed that I'd have a lot in common with him. Then you completely ignore the jerk who made fun of him. What is your problem?" I was kinda pissed. The teacher looked me with a devious smile.

"There, you have the first lesson in human behavior. Humans by nature assume things. It's natural to pass judgement on people. I did it and so did you." He wrote something on the blackboard. "Don't assume things. You make an ASS out of yoU and ME." The teacher walks up to me. "Now Jack, if you really didn't want to interact with anyone in the class, you would have chosen one of the far corners in the back. No, you chose the middle back. Middle of the room people want to be noticed. But in the back you can notice others without being too noticed yourself. As for my remark, I saw you check at least 3 guys walking to the back."

I snap back at him. "I wasn't checking anyone out. What are you talking about? Dude, you are crossing a line. I will report for harassment." He looks at me then at Zack. "Ok fine I was bluffing, but I needed to get you thinking about things. Plus everyone who has an actual interest in this class knows the back row gets ruffed up a bit on the first day. But then Zack walked in late, and I saw the look on your face. Then I saw him glance at you and look away. Sending him to the back was merely because he wouldn't be comfortable up front and I thought you might be able to help him. As for the comment, I told Alex if he had the opportunity, I needed some sort of bully comment at some point. Happy now."

Wow it was all a set up. I set myself up for it. "You right about the home Ec. thing. I really didn't want to spend the year doing girly stuff. I only was looking at Zack because I noticed he was the only other junior. I found it odd. As for the whole questioning my sexuality, I think everyone at some point in their lives does that. I'm not unique there. Do I want to admit it, no? I was backed into a corner by you. Sending Zack back here, saying we'd have a lot in common, set him up for that comment from Alex." Mr. Oz just looked blankly at me. "Thought you didn't want to interact with anyone." He smirked. "You might turn out to be one of my prize students.

(Zack's POV)

This is going to be an interesting year. I'm kinda surprised there are only two juniors in this class. Mr. Oz is quite interesting. Wasn't too keen on being part of an experiment on assumptions. Although I enjoyed Jack giving him a piece of his mind. How can he be so nonchalant about everything? Maybe he's right. Maybe questioning your sexuality is just part of life. But it's been going on since I was like 12. I'm going to be 17 soon. You'd think I would have figured it out by now. Well now or never. I raise my hand knowing I'm going to regret this, but I want to know. "Mr. Oz... umm... aahh... is it true umm... that everyone questions their... uhhh... umm... sexuality?" Everyone is staring at me. I don't like being the center of attention.

"Well Zack, that's hard to say. Everyone is different. People get conflicted for many reasons. It all boils down to accepting yourself as you are. Most a person's confusion comes from society itself. Family, peers, religion, etc. Hehe funny every year I seem to always start with the same thing. If you are so inclined we will be studying Alfred Kinsey. Any other questions before we set up partners for the year." Jack looks over at me with this odd glare. I'm sure he's not as confused as me. He seems so 'whatever like' not afraid to speak his mind. I envy that.

So Mr. Oz continues to answer questions ranging from, if we are going to study mass murderers to if we are going to act out stuff. I keep glancing over to Jack. I know Alex was told to make some bully comment but, I got to thinking. If I was to want a boyfriend, Jack is very attractive. Yea tell that to my mom, whose husband left her for a guy. I think that is was I'm so afraid to say anything to her. I don't think I'm gay though. I am attracted to girls, but also guys too. Does that make me bisexual? But I kinda prefer guys sometimes. Maybe this Kinsey guys know something.

At the end of the class Mr. Oz assigns partners for the year. Yup I'm stuck with Jack. Somehow I'm not sure this is going to go over that great. I don't need any more confusion in my life and I don't need some hott guy who I probably don't have a chance with distracting me.