chapter 1☻

ember ross

It's been a whole day since I got the dm with Luke. But of course he obviously didn't answer. I mean why would he answer me anyway. He probably get millions of dms a day. The only thing I plan on doing with this dm is telling him how my day is going. Every day, that's all I'll do. Like for example today I decided to dm him.

9:37pm

@lukesqueen43: hi lukee. so it's been a day since I got this dm with you. and I know you won't see this but I'm going to tell you how my day went. well I got back from work at target at 8. I'm still waiting for my dad to return home.
------
@lukesqueen43: lol sorry for the second message ran outta room. but my dad has been gone for 5 days I think. he told me that he was running to the store quick. but it's okay he does it a lot so I'm used to it. well I'll stop now gn bae🌙

I quick lock my phone. I'm hungry. Snacks are cool so I'll go get one of those. I grab the small cup of soup out of the fridge and slip it in the microwave for 20 seconds. When it's done I take it and sit it at the kitchen table. No one surrounds me. I try imagine what it would be like to eat with the family. I imagine my younger sister Harlin sitting next to me laughing at my dads jokes that he always used to tell at the table. I also imagine my mom sitting on the other side of me laughing and scolding my dad for making jokes at the table. Then my dad at the the end of the table laughing along and playfully hitting my mom telling her to lighten up. But only to think my dad is the only one with me. But really he's never here either. I don't have a problem being alone in the house. Yeah it gets boring but I usually just watch Netflix and go on my computer. Oh and Twitter. Twitter is basically my life.

But every once and awhile Arlo will stop by and chill with me. Oh Arlo. He's just a short,blonde haired, brown eyed,happy bisexual, childhood friend of mine. We fit together because we both don't have much friends besides each other. Except Arlo has his on and off boyfriend of his. Brent. The only reason why their on and off is because Arlo has been talking to his ex-girlfriend Gretch. And they used to be really close until Arlo realized he wanted to be bisexual and his own person by expressing himself he let Gretch know how he was feeling and Gretch wanted him to be happy and let him try new things. So they broke up. They were dating for 2 years. I really liked Gretch. But I'm really glad Arlo is happy with who he is. But Brent just doesn't like how he's talking to her so he likes to cause little hissy fits with Arlo until he feels like shît and gives in.

So he's not around that much anymore. I mean I'm okay with that. He can come around we wants. Or if he's having a really bad day then he'll ask me to come over.

Oh and back to the family thing. My mother and sister aren't around anymore. Because, they just aren't on earth. So my sister passed away when she was 11. I was 15 at the time but she was kidnapped. It all happened really fast. I was over at Arlo's and both my parents were home. They let Harlin go play with the neighbor at the end of the street. Until my mom got a call from their house saying she never showed up. They called the police. Nobody told me this was all happening because they didn't want me know because it was "chaos" so I stayed at Arlo's. But anyway the police showed up. Others were looking around the area. Until they found her in the nearest swamp down the road. I mean we do live in the crazy part of New York. After her funeral everything just went downhill. Mom got depressed. Dad went mad. I just didn't talk. There was nothing to talk about anymore.

Then there was this phase where my dad was getting really abusive. Not physically. Verbally. His words really hurt me. Until one night he got extremely abusive. To the level where my mother was killed. The next morning I still couldn't get other what happened. Until my dad asked where mom went. I said that he killed her. And he said no. He didn't even remember my name. He didn't remember my sister being born. He woke up with Amnesia. And sadly I listened to that song that day. I needed something to distract me. And that was 5 Seconds of Summer. Watching all there videos and music videos. They made me so happy. Until the first time my dad left. I was scared at first and I stayed with Arlo. And now every time I bring up my dad killing my mom. He denies it. And I can't say he killed her to other people. No one will believe me. My mom was an orphan after my grandparents passed and her sister was on the other side of the world. So everyone thinks my mom left us. That was when I was 16. And now I'm 17. Where have all these years gone. Oh right down the drain. After I finish my soup I put it in the sink. I dropped my spoon.

_____________________________

sorry for such a sad chapter! I had to explain her life story. Hope you guys liked it. I hope I actually complete this story.