Chapter 7

In the morning I wake up to figure out what the lump was next to me. Danny. How could I forget. I debated on what to do but decided to put clothes on first. I slid myself from Danny's side and from the warmth of the covers I walk lightly to my closet door and grab a thong. Behind me I hear the covers stir from behind me. I freeze to avoid making more noise.    

"Izz?" a clustered voice behind me says.

"Uhh yeah?" I ask still facing away from danny in only a thong, not that he hadn't seen more. "Can we talk maybe...? About last night?" He asked getting up from the bed. I remain facing the inside of my closet but his presence only comes closer.

"Umm... what's there to talk about? You were just drunk again, its fine, no big deal," I respond. He soon gets closer and hid hands bring my hair to one side. One of his hands land on my ass and slowly creep up my sides. He brings his lips to my shoulder and kisses them, gradually moving up to my neck.

"Its not like that," He says moving his hands slowly to my breasts.

"Then what is it...?" I ask letting him kiss my neck more.

"Don't make me say it Izz," He says.   

"Say what...?" I say turning to face him. I stand with my face inches away from his and our bodies almost touching.

"Izzie... Fuck! I can't stop thinking about you. I just can't get rid of you and I don't know what to do," he moans.

"Geez thanks..." I say stepping away and into my closet to put on a bra and clothes.

"Thats not what I meant! Its just this never happens and I dont know how to feel about it," he says slipping on his boxers. I tried to stop myself from bringing up Elizabeth but the perfect opportunity arrived so i took it before I could think it through.

"Apparently it has..." I say quietly.

"Izz, come on don't be that way," he says stepping closer.

"Im sorry, I know it's none of my business but I can't help but wonder. There's so much mystery about you that I want to know," I say looking at my feet.

"Not today," he catching my eye. I sigh with disappointment. It sucks not knowing a secret that everyone else does.

"Come on, i'll make you pancakes," I say changing the subject. I grab his shirt and slip it on like in the movies and he throws on a pair of shorts. I couldn't take my eyes off his defined chest but I had to try. We made our way towards the kitchen and I got out the ingredients. I turned my music on and danced while I cooked.

"Hey thats cheating," he said motioning to the box of pancake mix I had in my hand. He ran over to me wrapping his arms around me from the back. His fingers dig into my sides and then my neck.

"Stop!!! I hate being tickled!!" I laughed as he continued.

"Eh hem," I hear a voice being cleared in the disten. We stop and turn towards the noise, Daniel still in my arms.

"Oh hey sof," I say as Daniel puts me down. "Um Danny this is my sister Sofia, Sof, this is Danny," I say smiling awkwardly.

"Hi nice to meet you," Danny says smiling back.

"Uhh you too... " Sofia says with a fake smile.

"Umm i'm going to go grab my phone from your room," Danny says brushing past her.

"Izzie," My sister says in a stern tone.

"Hey sis!" I say throwing some batter on the griddle.

"Please tell me that isn't Daniel Clark, as in Nathan and Victoria's best friend son!" she says trying to whisper and shout at the same time.

"Ummmm, it could be, yeah there's a good chance," I respond avoiding her eyes.

"How the fuck do you do it! I don't know whether to be mad or proud," She said throwing up her hands.

"Sof, it's not a big deal, we just slept together a couple of times. Just chill, its nothing," I responded as I plopped the first batch on a plate and handed her them.

"A couple... Really! I cant belive im saying this but it better be nothing. He's a bad guy! I see him on all the magazine covers, smoking or drinking or with different girls. I dont want you to be the next one," She said sympathetically.

"I'll be fine! Its nothing really, I swear, i'm just having a little fun ok?" I responded turning to her.

"Well, he is pretty cute," she smiles.

I smile and she turns around to go back to her room brushing into the returning Daniel. Was it really nothing? I mean we just met, it's not like it was really anything. He said he liked me but i'm sure thats one of his player pick up lines that he says to all those magazine girls.

"Syrup?" I asked handing him a stack of pancakes.

"Of course," Danny responded flashing a grin.

"So Colton told me you had a brother and sister, what are they like?" I asked grabbing myself a stack and sitting down next to him at the table.

"Yeah, Abby and Jason. Abby's going through her teenage primadona stage and Jason's oblivious to everything around him," He responded shoving a piece into his mouth.

"Don't you think you should be setting a better example for them?" I asked half joking.

"It's too late for Abby, Jason maybe but it's really none of your business," he snapped.

"You're right, sorry... I didn't mean it like that. But i would love to meet them sometime maybe," I said slightly smiling.

"Yeah maybe sometime," he said still not looking up at me. "What were you doing talking to Colton anyway?"

"Umm we just went out to grab a bite to eat and then came back here," I said watching him carefully.

"Are you guys... like a thing or something," he growled. I could notice a tinge of jealously. I liked it but I was careful not to push him.

"Why would it bother you..?" I asked smiling. He looks up me with deathly eyes and a frown. "Will you calm down!! No! I dont like him like that!" I say touching his arm. For the first time I noticed a small tattoo above his right bicep. It was a line of roman numerals that read...

'VI.IV.XII'

6.4.12.

A date I assumed.

"6.4.12, what does that stand for?" I asked lighting rubbing my hand over the tattoo. He flinched and I pulled back.

"Just a random date... It just looked cool I guess," he replied softly.

"A random date? Who gets a random tattoo? Eh well I guess a lot of people do actually," I acknowledged.

"I'm going to go get changed," he said standing up from the table abruptly. I watched him wobble away and I remained alone eating my pancakes. I thought about it some more. There was a likely chance he just got a drunk tattoo but the way he acted about it was odd. I thought it could have been about Elizabeth but I still couldnt piece everything together. I tiptoed back to my room and leaned against the doorway watching him. I caught Danny looking at himself in my mirror rubbing the tattoo. I crept up behind him wrapping my hands around his firm waist. We stood there in silence for a few minutes each thinking. He was definitely hiding a lot things but I couldn't stop thinking about him either. I wanted to believe there was a good side to him but he hadn't given me much to work with. I wanted to know more about him but I didn't want to rush things especially if he was still hung up on whoever this girl was. Now I was the jealous one...

-------------------------------

WHO DO YALL THINK ELIZABETH IS???? comment and like <3