Chapter 41 - Avec Moi

Start from the beginning

"I don't want you guys to think that my first thought when I saw the car crash was to film it because it would make a great video. That was not my thought at all. I felt that this would be a good way to raise awareness of the reckless driving by people out there. You should never text and drive, drink and drive, be high and drive, you shouldn't be high in general. But when you are on the road please be careful because as of August 11, 2014 Aiden Moti lost his mother. I met his dad and he asked me to film a few words so please enjoy the rest of the video and take it seriously," I say. I stand up from where I was sitting on my bed and walk over to my camera and stop it. I upload the footage to my computer and watch it. I didn't cut anything because I wanted it to be real. I didn't feel this video should have background music so I didn't put any in. I put Robert's small eulogy and speech afterwards. I also put in the small picture of Aiden where I gestured. I decided that throughout Robert's speech I would have a small corner playing the video of Aiden being himself and oblivious to the trauma and chaos around him.

I watched the video over and over again finding a different mistake every time. I wanted this video to be as good as it could get.

I spent four hours locked in my room with my taco bell burritos and my laptop just editing and watching my video over and over again.

Finally I came to my senses and I felt that the video couldn't get any better and I felt confident in the content that I had created. I slowly closed my laptop screen and stood up from my chair. I stretched my muscles out and walked into my bathroom to take a shower. It was now 8:21pm. I had completely forgot about cooking dinner for the guys. I took a quick shower and threw on a pair of loose grey sweatpants, a large baggy white sweater, and white ankle socks and hurried down the stairs and saw all the guys in the kitchen and Lily with boxes of pizza. My hair was thrown up in a messy bun but was falling out from the speed at which I came down the stairs.

"I'm so sorry guys, I forgot to make you guys dinner like I promised, I'm so sorry," I apologize to them. They all look at me and Matt stands up and walks over to me and wraps his arms around me.

"Babe don't worry we can live with pizza, you work yourself too hard. You try and do so much for us, you just spent four hours working on a video that you felt was important to educate the community about. You risked your life for a four year old boy you didn't know, and you're the most caring person I've ever met. If anything we should be making you dinner. You didn't even eat dinner," He tells me looking in my eyes. My cheeks were now rosy and I was staring at the ground.

"Pizza sounds nice," I tell him and he smiles and hands me a few slices of green pepper. He knew me too well. "Hey is your cuddle session offer still up?" I ask him. I really could use some cuddles and ice cream right now.

"Always," He whispers to me. I smile and walk over to the freezer and take out two pints of ice cream that we had bought at the grocery store. I then balanced them along with my pizza and followed Matt to his room. He held the door open for me and took the ice cream making it easier for me to walk in. I saw that his laptop was out and he had his earphones plugged in.

"What were you watching?" I asked him.

"Just some reruns of F.R.I.E.N.D.S," He says to me. I smile. I liked that show.

"It's a good show," I tell him. He nods his head in agreement. "So what should we watch?" I ask him.

"Whatever you want babe, I just want to spend time with you," He says as he comes over to me and wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me tightly. I smiled and my heart sped up. Matt could still do this to me. I don't think it will ever stop. I don't think I would want it to stop. The fact that Matt still gives me butterflies gives me comfort in a weird sort of way. We set my pizza on the nightstand along with the ice cream as he got under the covers and I followed snuggling into him. I grabbed my plate of pizza then handed Matt his pint of ice cream. I was going to finish my pizza before digging into my ice cream. Matt grabbed his laptop and unplugged his headphones so I could hear.