Deal or No Deal

En başından başla

"You still dare to ask? Woah, you're unbelievable."

"Seriously twin, I think this guy's a nut job."

"Agreed, we should have him expelled as soon as possible."

While the two discussed my punishment, I tried to recall back the events that may have lead me to this. I was chasing a cat, yes, I remember running pass the courtyard too. Then, I vaguely remember having a headache too, the rest after that was blank.

That could only mean one thing.

"God damn it Ren, you bastard."

I muttered that as I allowed myself a facepalm, surprisingly both the twins and everyone else. Meanwhile, a guy with glasses came into view, turning out to be Kyoya.

"So that was the other persona, interesting..."

My eyes darted up to Kyoya's, at the same time my heart sank. Persona? Uh oh. Tamaki then showed up behind him, mimicking the same puzzled looks on the rest of our faces.

"Kyo... ya?"

What could this guy be up to? Taking out a black notebook, he scribbled in at a brisk speed. Once he was done, he read out what he had written.

"Sakurai Jun, born on the 2nd of January, 1st-year freshman of Ouran High School, a sports scholarship holder of Ouran High School. Grades are above average, family background is of nothing special. Well I must say, nothing really stands out about you except the fact that you're an elite squash player. However..."

He investigated... my background?! I stared at Kyoya in disbelief. Who the hell does that?! He then shut his notebook and made his way towards the group, which had gone silent as they stared from Kyoya to me and to me again. He turned towards me, his presence towering over me as his glasses glinted to hide his eyes. After what seemed like an eternity of silence, he gave the final blow.

"...it appears that Sakurai Jun suffers from a condition known as Dissociative Identity Disorder, otherwise known as DID for short."

I knew it, he had already gone through my medical records as well. Sighing, I let my head hang low. The sweet voice of the little shota-boy of blonde hair color carried easily over the room, lightening the heavy atmosphere.

"Huh?! What is that?"

"It's a mental illness, I believe you guys are familiar with the term of having 'two personalities' , am I correct?"

Realization reflected onto their faces and I could feel their stares burning into me, who refused to face the group. Great, there goes my secret... my other secret. Kyoya continued.

"I had heard of your special condition and your admittance to Ouran through my family's hospital, so I specially staged some of the events today for my research. Looks like I have gained valuable information through this, so thank you for your help."

He gave a curt bow, but instead of being polite and all, I slipped out from the ropes and took a stand.

This guy just used me for his research?! He was the one behind all this?! My voice came out as aggressive as my alter ego's.

"How dare you, did you just USE me?! Why couldn't you just ask me instead of making me switch?!"

Oh c'mon, where's the fun in that?