Meet the Gamemaker(s)

Blacklight: The entity known as Blacklight is composed of three beings: Miguel Santos, Zachariel the angel, and Tifanos the demon.

Brief History: The tiny town of San Ignacio in Puerto Rico had rarely seen much in the way of excitement during the struggle for independence, or for the two hundred years since its formation. However, everything changed when a dimensional rift opened above the town and released a battling angel and demon. With the town caught in the crossfire, the local seer had no choice but to trap the two in the nearest living vessel- her teenage nephew, Miguel. Performing the spell killed her, and the three quarreling souls have been unable to undo it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Miguel Santos

Aliases: Blacklight, Coeur-de-Gris, Angelito de la Noche

Age: 126

Gender: Male

Appearance: Miguel was attractive before he became Blacklight, and a century of exercise and unearthly power has only heightened his appeal. Long, jet-black hair is ordinarily pulled into a low ponytail, hanging a third of the way down his back. His light brown skin is free of any blemish or scar save for two tattoos: a red pentagram on his left shoulder and a large white pattern on his back that strongly resembles a pair of wings. He stands at five feet, eight inches tall with a slender build that belies his supernatural might.

Personality: A hundred years of fighting evil isn't as much fun as it sounds, and the wear of the years has definitely "gotten" to Miguel. His worldview has been whittled down to a cynical, sardonic sense of humor, the majority of his will to Do The Right Thing worn away by constant exposure to humanity's vices. He is fiercely independent and has a fiery temper, a fact that many snide villains have discovered to their dismay.

Superhuman Powers:

-Miguel regenerates from injury with extraordinary speed.

-By drawing on the angelic energies within him, he can summon ethereal armor almost impervious to physical damage.

-By drawing on the demonic energies within him, he can summon the Sword of Soul's Despair, a black blade that drains the life from whatever it strikes.

Favorite Type of Hero: The unpredictable ones. Miguel can appreciate a tribute that can still keep him guessing after 126 years.

Notable Quotes: "In my business, looking this pretty is a competitive advantage. Nobody takes you seriously until after you've kicked their ass and left for the press release."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Zachariel

Aliases: Blacklight, "Zack," Third Lieutenant of the Fifth Host

Age: Very, very old

Gender: Zachariel feels gender is a mortal vanity, and not to be trusted.

Appearance: In their natural form, Zachariel is a being of pure radiance with only vaguely human proportions. When Zachariel shares their full power with Miguel, Miguel's body begins to shine with a blinding light.

Personality: Zachariel's entire personality revolves around loyalty to the heaven dimension of their origin. While nominally devoted to Good, in truth they have little regard for human life and will easily kill for "The Greater Good." Zachariel is fanatically devoted to order, and sees no higher crime than disobedience or disloyalty. They see the demon race with whom they have fought for centuries as an abomination that must be obliterated. A century sharing a body with one of these demons has done nothing to improve Zachariel's general disposition.

Superhuman Abilities: Strictly speaking, Zachariel has no special abilities- that would require a body. However, by sharing their full power with Miguel, Zachariel can add three angelic abilities to Blacklight's arsenal.

-Angelic Blacklight can fly at high speeds.

-He can create destructive blasts of energy that strongly resemble large spears.

-Any humans close to Angelic Blacklight will begin to heal at an accelerated rate.

Favorite Type of Hero: The honorable ones. Zachariel misses the ordered hierarchy of angels and the clarity of their home dimension. It warms their heart to see a hero who remembers their principles.

Notable Quotes: "I am vengeance falling from Heaven. You cannot fight me any more than a mouse could fight a thunderstorm."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Tifanos

Aliases: Blacklight, "Tiffany," Devourer of Souls

Age: None of your damn business. Or your normal business, for that matter.

Gender: Ever since Miguel nicknamed her Tiffany in the 80's, she figured to just stick with female. The pronouns are simpler than with that douchebag Zachariel.

Appearance: In her natural state, Tifanos is a being of shadow and darkness, her form mutable and ever-shifting. When she chooses to share her full power with Miguel, he becomes shadowy and insubstantial as well.

Personality: Tifanos has a gleeful sense of humor that thrives on chaos and pain. She makes no secret of her bloodlust and sadism, and frequently enjoys tormenting Zachariel. Of course, she has the sense to avoid it when it puts her in real danger- her first loyalty is always to herself. Miguel can rarely convince her to share power unless the end result will be disorder or destruction. Or it will irritate the angel. Same thing, really. 

Superhuman Abilities: She has the same deal as the angel, sadly: no powers of her own. Still, when Tifanos gives her full strength to Miguel, Blacklight gains three demonic powers.

-Demonic Blacklight's body can turn invisible in dark areas.

-Demonic Blacklight can create, manipulate, and extinguish the mysterious substance known as hellfire.

-Those touched by Demonic Blacklight experience rapid hypothermia and frostbite, resulting in a distinctive black mark.

Favorite Type of Hero: The ferocious ones. Tifanos misses her hell world, and it's always nice to see good old-fashioned killer instinct.

Notable Quotes: "See the knife work on that body there? That's just shoddy craftsmanship. I blame the impatience of the youth today- nobody takes the time to murder properly anymore."