SOLD! - to the man with the knife -

Start from the beginning

"Sweet heart," he said, trying to lift a hand, but my mum pushed it back down.

"Rest," she whispered to him.

"Evelyn," I heard my dads voice crackle.

I looked at him blankly, what was he doing? My mum saw my face expression and shook her head, her eyes a ball of red and blotchyness, a stream of tears running down her face. My dad was no better looking himself. He had been shot in the cheak, and was on a constant bleed.

I looked around at my parents and my room and I sobbed to my mum, "Mum, mum I'm scared, hide with me!" I protested against the push of her arm trying to get me out the room. "MUMMY!" I screached, wanting my mum to come with me. "MUMMY! MUMMY DON'T LEAVE ME!" She pushed me gentley with a sorry smile and told me to run and hide. I stomped my feet and shook my head, resisting my mums push against me.

"Honey, oh my Evelyn, run, hide, don't go outside the house, cars of the theifs are out there, waiting to kidnap or steal anything and everyone!" My mum stroked my tears away lovingly, while tears streamed down her cheaks. I didn't fully understand what she was trying to say to me. But I knew I was not to go outside the house. I wasn't a proticulay well behaved, do-as-I'm-told kid, but I knew in this case of time, I had to do as I was asked.

All of a suddon I heard a grone, a grone from my dad. He must be getting up! "DADDY!" I screamed hopefully. But as I pushed past my mum and knelt by my dad, he wasn't any better.

"Evelyn, I...I love you," my mum burst into tears yet again. I sat and watched my dad, not understanding what he was doing. I pulled at his hand,

"Stand up dad, come on, stand up!" My mum stomped over and pulled me away viciously from my dad.

"Honey...be careful...with her..." My dad struggled to get out. My mum sobbed into her hands. She scolled at me,

"Go down stairs, NOW Evelyn!" I screamed at my mum. She didn't take no fo an answere. I looked at my dad for back up but his eyes were closed.

I ran down the stairs with my arms around my body, I charged into the garage and hid behind the storage block. The silver made a boom against the weight of my body.

My body shook as the cold wind gusted through the gaps of the door. I cold hear bullets, screams, sobbing, bangs and shouts. There must be atleast twentey theifs, kidnappers and all in this house. The garage, strangly enough, had been left alone. Of corse I didn't notice it at the time, I was way to young, only four in fact,  and I wasn't taking much notice of the condition of the rooms at that procice moment.

A scream came and I recognised it from my mum. There was nothing I could do, I got told to stay down here. I cried, screamed with the other screams, and sobbed whenever I heard my mum shout. I heard choking from upstairs, then the back door slammed. Footsteps pounded down the stairs, guns were shooting, people where screaming and yelling in agoney. And as for me, the only quiet one in this house, maybe my dad might just pass as being quiet, except for the odd groan or two. My mouth felt dry and my head felt like it was spinning. I felt dangerously faint. I didn't know what to do, buy lay flat out on the floor and rest my head, and eventurally...very very gradually...with all the chaos that has been going on, I relised how tired I was...and fell into a deep, deep sleep.

I didn't wake up, it felt like two minutes to me, but it ended up being atleast three hours or so. As I sat up, I relised how much my head hurt, and I had cut hands that throbbed. I hated every minute of it. I shouted for my mum,

"MUM!" Then I screamed as I realised my surroundings. I was still in the garage, but it came as a shock, as it wasn't often that I would normally sleep in the garage.