Chapter 14

Michael's phone rings and he groans, reaching for it with his eyes closed. "Hello?" He murmurs, running a hand through his hair.

"Why weren't you at school?" Ashton asks and at this, Michael's eyes snap open, surprise seeping into his system.

"Because I'm sick," He says carefully and Ashton chuckles, disbelieving. "I am!" Michael whines. "I think I have strep or something,"

"Oh really?" Ashton questions and Michael nods although he couldn't see him.

"Yes! My throat hurts and I'm cold and I have a fever I think. I feel like shit," He whimpers.

Ashton frowns, finally believing the younger boy but smirks when he says, "Maybe I could play doctor and take care of you,"

Michael blushes, smiling slightly and says, "Probably not, Babyboy,"

"Michael!" Ashton squeaks.

"That's Daddy to you," He continues, pleased by the mere thought of Ashton flustered.

"Mikey stop," Ashton whispers, voice pained.

"Why? Is that a kink of yours? Am I making you hard?" He asks, smile widening.

"Yes," Ashton says simply before hanging up and leaving Michael with a slack jaw and cherry red blush.

***

"He's gay! Or at least bi. It doesn't matter to me as long as he plays for my team. Maybe I have a chance," Michael cheers, taking a sip of water before turning back to his controller.

"I dunno, Mikey. I'm still skeptical," Luke admits through his mic and Michael adjusts his headset, rolling his shoulders and whoops with joy when he kills Luke in their game of Call of Duty. "Fuck!" Luke curses and Michael hears Luke's controller crash to the ground when he throws it with anger, sore with loss.

"Chill, mate. I'll go easy on you next game," Michael promises.

"I don't want there to be another game," Luke whines.

Michael smiles slightly, rolling his eyes and takes another sip of water before saying, "Fine. You want me to come over to yours?"

"I don't wanna catch your strep,"

Michael rolls his eyes again and says, "C'mon, Luke. You won't! I'm lonely. Please?"

The blonde sighs before slowly agreeing and the two turn off their PlayStations moments after. Michael changes out of his pajamas into street clothes and heads out of the house, already knowing his mother wouldn't be home.

The walk to Luke's house was simple but, being the klutz that Michael is, he gets lost along the way. With a distraught expression, he takes his phone out only to find it dead and sighs, panic finally setting in. Here he was, no car, phone dead, no idea where he was and he had no clue what to do about it.

He goes into the closest store to ask for directions and as soon as he walks in, he has a strong urge to walk back out. He locks eyes with Ashton and the curly haired boy smiles wide, waving off his friend before walking over to Michael. "Thought you were sick, Michael," He says, grinning at the way Michael played with his hoodie sleeves with nerves.

"I am," Michael sighs, coughing dryly into his sleeve and wincing. "I was just on my way to Luke's house and I got lost. I came in here to ask for directions,"

"I don't think you should be going to Luke's," Ashton says simply.

"Why?" Michael questions and Ashton shrugs.

"Because you're obviously sick. C'mon, I'm gonna take you home," Ashton says, wrapping an arm around Michael's waist, causing the younger boy to blush.

"I don't wanna be trouble," Michael whispers shyly, staring down at his hands and at this, Ashton smiles and opens the passenger's side door.

"You're not trouble, Mikey. I'd be happy to help you," Michael nods, getting into the car and waits for Ashton to do the same. Michael gives Ashton directions to his house and when they get there, Ashton walks Michael to the door and says, "Just stay in bed, okay?"

Michael nods and just as Ashton starts to walk away, he calls after him. Ashton turns on his heel, surprised at Michael's voice and the younger boy asks, "Ashton? Can you stay with me?"

Ashton bursts into a smile and walks back over to Michael, wrapping an arm around his waist again. "It'd be my pleasure," He grins.

---

So I wrote this chapter just about a million different ways and this was the best I could come up with.

I was watching this movie called "The Way He Looks" on Netflix the other day and I thought it was kinda ironic bc the main character was blind but whatever?? It was a boyxboy movie and it was honestly the cutest movie ever. In the movie the main character, Leo gets sick and then his love interest Gabriel comes to chill with him so that was the inspiration for this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it and also, check out that movie at your leisure. I recommend it cx

-Shianne xx