The Penguin Crush

• Dedicated to Bean. :)

I leant against the wall outside the guy's locker room holding a soccer ball in my hands. "C'mon guys, let's go! Just because you guys aren't in the playoffs anymore doesn't mean you have to be so slow!" I whined a bit, hoping someone will hear me and come out because I'm obviously not going to go in there. I made a mental note to remind myself that next time my brother, Kris Letang, asks me if I want to come watch the Penguins play soccer, to come at least half an hour later than the time he tells me. I got bored so I started throwing the ball at the closed locker room door. BAM! Catch. BAM! Catch. Over and over again until it starts just becoming a fluent movement that I'm really not controlling. Suddenly, the door opens and before I can stop myself, I hurled the ball directly at the 6'4 Sasquatch standing at the door, slamming the ball right into his nose. "SHIT!" He cries out and grabs his nose. I instantly launched myself at him, trying to apologize. "I am so sorry! I didn't-I was waiting and you guys-I-I'm so sorry!" I reached for his face instinctively until I realized what I was doing and I flinch back away from him.

"Are you okay?" I said backing up.

"Yeah." Jordan Staal looks up and laughs, rubbing his nose. "I've been hit with worse, I promise."

"I'm really sorry." I frowned and shrug trying to hand him the ball, "you can throw the ball at me if that makes up for it?"

He laughs again and shakes his head, eyes twinkling a bit. "That won't be necessary but, you can buy me a Gatorade from the machine around the corner."

I grinned up at him, "Deal." And took off for the machine. Once I got there I realized that I didn't know what kind he wanted. Besides going back I just bought the blue kind. After I got Jordan his Gatorade I ran to the gym to find the guys playing soccer. I walked over to Jordan and handed him the Gatorade.

"Thanks." He laughed, "How did you know blue was my favorite?"

"Lucky guess." I laughed.

"Thanks for waiting for me guys!" I yelled at them.

They all looked at me and laughed. Kris ran up to me and pulled me into the game. My team contained; Max Talbot, Jordan Staal, Eric Tangradi, Brooks Orpik, Tyler Kennedy, Mike Rupp, Matt Cooke, Pascal Dupuis, Deryk Engelland, James Neal, Ben Lovejoy, Alex Kovalev, Brent Johnson, Dustin Jeffrey, Mark Letestu, Paul Martin, Arron Asham, && Craig Adams. Brent was goalie.

Everyone on Kris' team was; Evgeni Malkin, Marc-Andre Fleury, Sidney Crosby, Chris Kunitz, Ryan Craig, Mike Comrie, Alexander Pechurskiy, Tim Wallace, Brian Strait, Nick Johnson, John Curry, Zbynek Michalek, Matt Niskanen, Corey Potter, Brett Sterling, Eric Godard, Andrew Hutchinson, && Chris Conner. Marc was goalie.

It was even teams since Joe Vitale was out. We started playing and right when I got the ball Sid(Sidney Crobsy) stepped in front of me and took the ball. Then he looked at me and smirked. "OH IT'S ON SID!" I yelled. I jumped back in front of him and took the ball and scored on Marc. I turned around to see Sid have the 'Oh its on now' look on his face. I smiled. The game went on like this for what seemed like days, but was only 2 hours. The game ended with my team losing. 12-10. "We'll win next time!" I yelled walking out the gym. "Yeah! Okay, Bri. You think that. You know me and Flower (Marc-Andre Fleury) whooped your ass!" Sid yelled.

"Pshhh! If you count two points alot!" I yelled over my shoulder. He stopped talking then.

"Bri! Where are you going?" I heard my brother yell when I got to the door.

"Well, I was gonna go to get something to eat." I turned around and said to Kris.

"Oh, okay. Can I come with you? I wanna talk to you." Kris said where the guys couldn't hear.