Alive In The Night {for Kayleigh}

"Mommm!!" You yelled as you ran down the stairs of you and your moms small house in Ohio. "What Kayleigh?" She asked as she payed bills. "I just got a phone call back from All Time Low! They accepted me to be their merch girl for the rest of the entire Spring Fever tour!" You exclaimed shaking from excitement. Your mom looked up at you with a worried expression. "When are you leaving? Who are you staying with?" You let out a deep sigh, "mom I'm staying with All Time Low on this tour. I'll stay with them in their bus and travel with all four of the bands and their crew members. The other bands have girls who are working merch so I won't be the only girl there either. And they're leaving our town tomorrow night." You told her, the part about the other merch girls not fully true, you actually didn't know who was working with you. Your mom let out a sigh, then smiled. "Well, I guess I can't argue with that.." "So I can do it?!" You squealed. "Yes." "Thank you so much!!" You yelled before running upstairs to begin planning and packing for the tour that leaves out of your hometown tomorrow. You dug out your biggest suitcase and plugged in your ipod and began playing your Of Mice & Men playlist. Going through your closet and picking clothes proved to be a much harder task when you knew you'd be spending each day with some of your favorite bands you'd fangirled over for years. That got you thinking; you'd get to party with these guys, go out with them after shows, see them perform every night.... You were so excited you couldn't stand it. You flopped back on your bed and picked up your phone to text your best friend Jess and tell her the news.

K: "you'll never believe what I'm going to do!!!"

J:"spring fever?!?"

K:"how'd you guess?!"

J:"it's all you've talked about! Which band are you working for?"

K:"ATL!"

J:"ohhhh no ptv? What about Mike? ;)"

K:"I'll still see him every day. That's enough for me :)"

J:"haha ok well be careful. Take care of yourself. ily. Keep me updated!"

K:"will do! ily2!"

You threw your phone down on your bed and smiled at the thought of Mike Fuentes. Jess knew how much you loved him and reminded you that you'll be seeing him every day the entire tour. It made your knees week just thinking about it. Just then your cat came walking into your room and meowed at you as if reminding you it was getting late and you still needed to finish packing. You finished up packing, cleaned your room & bathroom, then double checked you had everything you'd need. By this time it was late and time to get some sleep. You crawled in bed, too excited to sleep and laid awake thinking about all the amazing things bound to happen.

"KAYLEIGH!!" You awoke to your mom yelling your name. Sleepily, you rolled over to check the time. It was 2:00 in the afternoon! You had to meet the boys on their day off and join them. "Kayleigh!" Your mom called again closer this time. Then she popped up in your doorway, "you're gonna be late! I just knew you were gonna be up early today because you were leaving. But I let you sleep because I figured you wouldn't get good sleep on the buses, if you even sleep at all." Your mom said with a laugh and a wink. "Mommm" you said, throwing a pillow at her, and missing. "I'd get moving if I were you." She said before walking away. You stretched and reached for your phone on your bedside table. You had a text from an unknown number. "Hey kayleigh, it's Alex. Just wanted to let you know to meet us at bus call at 4. See ya then." A huge smile crept across your face as you re-read the text, trying to let it all sink in before you replied & saved his number in your phone. You rolled out of bed and got dressed in high waisted shorts and a cute tank top. You applied your makeup and it came out perfectly, (praise) Then straightened your hair. You smiled at your reflection trying to prepare yourself for what was to come...