Untitled Part 2

Friday night had finally come around. The new couple were very anxious to see each other, as they had both been very busy recently. However this weekend would be special. The entire weekend was only about them, no shows, no interviews, just the two of them alone for a while. Taylor basically ran from the car to her apartment, thanking her driver as she exited the black SUV. She was so excited to finally be able to relax with Calvin. Almost bursting through the door of her apartment her eyes widened with delight at the sight of Calvin playing with the cats. "Oh hey babe, we were just talking about you! Isn't that right mery-dith" said Calvin rubbing the cats stomach. "Aww" Tilting her head to the side in awe of her boyfriend playing with her cats. Taylor then took off her shoes and sat down on the couch next to him, where she was greeted with a soft kiss. "I missed you" he whispered.

The two of them sat on the couch talking for a while talking about their weeks and playing with the cats. That's when Taylor said "I'm Hungry, let's go make dinner" grabbing Calvin by the arm and pulling him off the couch. "All right what are you in the mood for" he asked. "Let's make spaghetti!" replied Taylor, very excited to cook with her boyfriend. Taylor grabbed his hand as they paraded into the kitchen to begin making dinner. "Can you believe it babe, Tonight, Saturday, and Sunday, Just you, me and the cats. Our first weekend all to ourselves!" said Calvin as he dug through the mahogany cabinet in search of the colander. "I know right, it's crazy. Things have just been so busy" said Taylor grabbing the pasta from the pantry. "Crazy like, 17 and crazy running wild and free?" Said Calvin wrapping his arms around her stomach from behind. "Oh my God, you are such a dork, I love it" said Taylor as she quickly spun around giving him a kiss.

Once they had finished making their dinner, Calvin set the table and fixed their plates, while Taylor Picked out a bottle of wine from the cabinet in the other room. She ran her finger across the mini collection she had accumulated over time and finally selected a classic red wine. She walked back into the kitchen. Calvin stood by her chair ready to help her, and took a moment to take in how breathtaking she was. She wore a long black skirt, a blue top which showed part of her stomach just above her belly button. "You look beautiful" he said taking the wine bottle and setting on the table. She smiled, thanked him for the compliment, and let him help her into her chair. She loved the way he played this off as if it was date, and it just came naturally to him. She thought about this as he watched him pour the two of them a glass of wine in his Jeans and dark blue tee-shirt. Calvin finally sat down and picked up his wine glass as if to make a toast, then immediately put it back down. "I almost forgot he said" as he stood up and went into the other room. Taylor sat there confused and curious, wondering where he would be going. Moments later she heard a scratch from her turn table, he had busted out one of her James Taylor Records, but his sweetness didn't end there. As Taylors face light up from the soft sounds of James Taylor, Calvin came in holding a red roses in his hands. As he handed her the roses Taylor had to hold back a tear as she had never felt such sweetness from any man. She grabbed the flowers put them down on the table and said, "I love you" throwing her arms around his neck giving him a long kiss.

The two of them spent the following hour dinning in the dimly lit kitchen enjoying the wine and pasta they had prepared. Taylor took a moment to observe the atmosphere they had created together. She noticed the way the candles Calvin had lit glimmered throughout the kitchen, the smell of the food they had prepared together, and an odd sense of safety she has neglected to feel for years. She slowly sipped on her wine after appreciating the moment, gazing into his eyes. She thought back for a moment and was amazed at how everything seemed to have happened so fast, yet she feels as if she's spent her entire life with this man. Putting her glass down on the table and smiling she finally said "Every night we weren't together, I saw you everywhere I went and I missed you." To that he quickly replied "I missed you too" "It was really sweet of you to come to my show Monday night by the way. I know how busy your schedule is" Taylor twisting a lock of her hair. "Babe, I love watch you follow your dreams. Seeing you so happy, so free, full of energy. When I see you perform I get to watch the most beautiful girl in the entire world, a crazy dreamer from Pennsylvania making thousands of people so unbelievably happy, It's just incredible. But the best part about all of it, is that when I'm watching this spectacular masterpiece unfold right in front of my eyes, I know I'm the one lucky man in that crowd who gets to be part of her life, her dream." Calvin said, as he took a sip of his wine.

This comment made Taylor so happy. The words he said to her where so powerful. She knew she found someone who cared about her, and truly loved her. "You are so sweet, what did I ever do to deserve this" she said. "I'm not sure exactly, to be fair you're practically the walking definition of perfection however" he said smiling. With this Taylor blushed, stood up out of her chair and held her hand out towards Calvin "Dance with me" Calvin quickly wiped his face with his napkin, set it down and stood up grabbing his girlfriend's hand. Taylor took lead shortly after, and brought him into the living room where He had previously set up the record player. James Taylor played softly in the background as the two of them danced together. Calvin wrapped one arm around her back and grabbed her left hand, beginning a slow waltz. He spun her around, but clumsily bumped into her. "Sorry" he said. "It's okay I'm very clumsy myself" Said Taylor, as the two of them continued to waltz around the room. Finally the song was coming to so quickly in an effort to redeem himself he gently pushed her away, grabbed her right hand, and spun her around. As she finished the twirl he pulled her in close and began to kiss her as he wrapped his arms around her back.