Prologue

Alone he walked through the Darkness, his expression indifferent. Nothing covered his bare skin except for the indigo cloth wrapped loosely around his slender waist and thighs, a sign of the blasphemous. He ran a hand through his long silver hair, his yellow eyes gazing into the abyss. He wondered an eternal void, not knowing just how long he had wondered already. He put his hands together and magically formed a small crystal, which he then crushed. He brought the remaining crystal dust to his lips and softly blew. The dust sparkled and shimmered as it scattered in all directions.

"Reveal to me the path" he said, snapping his fingers. The individual specks froze, suspended in the air, and began to glow as if they were stars in the sky. Each light represented a different world. He looked from one to the next, and so on. "Reveal to me the brightest light" he said, waving his hand. Lights began to flicker and fade only until only nine remained. "Which one?" He asked himself "it appears I must make a decision at random". He reached for one of the lights and engulfed it with his hand, his eyes closed in concentration. Suddenly a white light engulfed him, contrasting against the darkness. With that, the darkness had vanished. A moon and stars now illuminated the world below. He closed his eyes as he engulfed himself in a barrier to protect his body from the impact of his fall. He stood in the crater he had created, which was surrounded by trees. "This isn't the right world" he said, clicking his tongue "however, I sense a potential ally". He stepped out of the smoldering pit, running a hand through his hair again. "But first" he said "a change of clothes". With that, he strode off into the trees in search of clothing and allies.