Prologue

After the war, many students who missed their 7th year because of the battle were asked if they wanted to come back for an 8th year, in order to complete their NEWT's and properly finish their education.

Harry, Ron and Hermione accepted the letter and came back 'home' as Harry would say, for their very last time. They were currently walking behind professor McGonagall, who was leading all the 8th years to their common room. They entered a tower that Harry had never seen before. It was added when they were rebuilding the castle after the battle destroyed most of it.

The tower was separated in four parts. They had to climb a staircase and came in the middle of the tower. In front of them was a door with the Gryffindor lion on it, at their right a door with the Ravenclaw eagle, at their left a door with the Hufflepuff badger and finally, behind them a door with the Slytherin snake. The golden trio, among Seamus, Dean, Nevillle and Parvati entered the Gryffindor part of the tower and immediately got to bed. The boys shared a room and the girls another, as usual.

Harry couldn't sleep, again. He woke up at three am because of his nightmares. He fell asleep two hours later, only to be woken up at 7am by Ron. They started their lessons in hope to have a quiet and uneventful year. Little did they know, it wasn't going to be the case.