Part 5

It ended up with me at Maisie's house. I sat cross legged on the ground. I was spinning a small orb of water. Concentrating. Images flashed through my mind, but they were too fast for me to recognize them.

The next morning, I went to school like any old day. Every chance I got I glared at Amy. My friends were still avoiding me. At lunch, Brady sat at my table, and I was finally was able to talk to him.

"I didn't steal the necklace. Please. Believe me."

He sighed. Then nodded.

"Listen up." Principle Young said over the speaker. "There is a dance tonight. If you buy tickets at Lunch it is a dollar cheeper than at the door."

Brady and I exchanged glances. Then it was as if a light went off in my head. I can get Amy back! Wait, I'll get in trouble for that. . . "Not if I'm on the other side of the room!" I mumbled.

"What?" Brady asked.

"I'm going." Then I ran up to the stage to get my ticket.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. When I turned around I saw Brady and Trevor. Seeing Trevor, I automatically looked around for Amy. "Don't worry." he said. "It's over." I nodded. We got our tickets and went to sit back down.

The rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about the dance. When I ran into Asim I told him to go. He said that he would buy tickets.

After school I raced to the dance. It was in our gym and there were tables for refreshments. Yes! One table has a jug of red Kool-aide. Good. Knowing Amy she'll probably be wearing something fancy. I turned and saw her walk into the room. She was wearing a long pink skirt with a beautiful white top.

Good.

I saw Trevor and Brady. Brady had convinced Kelsi and Tia that I didn't steal the necklace. They still gave me wary glances though. The very first song is a slow-dance. Kelsi, Tia and Brady go and get some refreshments. They say that they feel uncomfortable dancing.

I did too, before I was 14. But I just recently turned 14 before moving so I had been to a few dances. I listened to the song and Justin asked me to dance. I did and I saw Amy go to the table with Kat. They were laughing and Amy reached for a glass of punch. With a simple twirl of my hand the bowl tipped and her beautiful white top was stained red! She screamed.

Everyone in the gym turned to her and the music stopped. "Serval!" She screamed. Everyone around me stared at me. "That's it! I can't do it! Bala wants you alive but I don't care!!!" 

The people parted so she got a straight view at me. Then something happened. Her body began to ripple, as if a million worms were under her body. Then her skin ripped off! No joke! But it wasn't skin! It was like a costume. Underneath was the most disgusting thing I had ever seen. It was completely red with large leathery wings and a beaked head. I noticed a few feathers on her wings. 

Wait, I recognized those! "A furie!!!" I mumbled. "You are a furie!!!" I screamed. That is when everyone decided to scream. I saw Kat on the ground crying. I couldn't concentrate. That's when Amy, or what was of Amy, decided to attack.

It dove towards me. I blasted it off course. Out of the corners of my eyes, I saw Trevor, Brady, Tia, and Kelsi staring at me. I looked at them and called, "I didn't steal it." Then I morphed into a serval and leaped. I landed on the back of the furie and, with a yowl, clawed at it's back. I clawed the string off it's neck and grabbed the necklace in my mouth. I trotted over to Kelsi and threw it at her feet.

I flashed into me again and called for Asim. He ran to my side. I nodded to him. We knew what to do.

Asim morphed into a falcon. With a screech, he shot towards the furie. He clawed at it as it flew around confused and blinded. Then I jumped up as Asim flew away. I yelled and it looked right at me, as I blasted straight into it's face. The blast was strong enough to push the furie into the wall with such force, that the wall cracked.

The furie fell to the ground and didn't move. My blast knocked out the furie, even possibly killing it, but it also almost knocked out me. I staggered and Asim ran over and helped me up. I looked at my classmates. They stared back.

There was the sound of a breeze in the trees and I looked back. Apparently I killed Amy because the furie turned to ashes. I looked back at my classmates again. I took a step and everyone shied away from me. I morphed into a serval cat and ran out, still limping. Asim followed close behind as a falcon.

When we got outside, I morphed back to me. Asim did the same. I limped over to a bush and laid down. I could still see the school but I didn't care. The blast used all of my energy. Soon I was out.

                      <\/\/\>                      <\/\/\>                    <\/\/\>                      <\/\/\>                      <\/\/\>

I woke up and felt someone carrying me. I groggily opened my eyes. I was looking up at a face. I recognized this face, but it took me a second for it to click.

"Brady?" I murmured.

"Serval! You're alive! Guys!! Serval's ok!!" He called.

Slowly I turned my head. The movement shot waves of pain throughout my body. I could see Asim, Tia, Kelsi, Trevor and. . .

"Grizelda?" I croaked. "What are you doing here?" 

"Asim came and got me. It's ok. Go back to sleep." Then everything was black.

I drifted in and out of consciousness. A few times I was still being carried and the last time I was in a cabin area. I sat up quickly but cried out. I gritted my teeth and forced myself into a sitting position. Grizelda and Asim sat next to my bed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You blasted a furie at the dance, we carried you here, and you've been asleep the entire time since." said Asim.

"Well," began Grizelda. "we now know that you are the chosen one, the leader of the Chosen 10. Even I don't think I have the power to blast a full grown furie and completely kill it! Usually furies will disappear and then be reborn somewhere else, but Amy turned to ashes, signifying that she would not be reborn."

I nodded. 

Asim and Grizelda stood up. "We need to go into town." Grizelda explained. "Stay here." Then they were gone.