Chapter One

RING RING RING
My alarm clock went off. "Ughhhh" I said. It was Monday. I may be a nerd but Monday's still suck. I got up and dressed. I wore a plaid red and black shirt with dark blue jeans. My hair was a mess so I threw it up in a low bun and put a grey beanie on. For makeup I just put on a lip gloss and eyeliner.

I went down the stairs. "MAIA, MAIA, MAIA" I could here my mother screaming from the kitchen. My two year old sister was running in the hallway. I picked her up and carried her into the kitchen. I put her down in her high chair. "Hi mum" I said. I walked over to the fridge and got out a yogurt.

I sat down at the kitchen table and ate. "First day" my mum said, smiling. "Yea I'm excited, other than the fact that it's Monday" I said, smiling them frowning. "Momma? Why are you dressed all nice?" Maia asked, giving us her cute questioning look. "Well sweetie, mummy is going to get a job, so you're going to daycare" she said, tickling her stomach.

"Daycare, I like the people at daycare" she said, smiling and going back to eating her cereal. I looked down at my phone. "Oh shoot, I'm going to miss the bus, I love you mom" I said, kissing Maia and my mother on the head. I walked to the front door, grabbed my bag and put on my grey toms. "Bye!" I yelled as I shut the door behind me.

The bus ride was interesting, as always. All the kindergartens were at the front. The grade eights and the other middle school would try in sit in the high schooler section, where I sat. I had my book and I was reading. I never paid attention to the bus rides. I memorized the route so I knew the time of arrival.

We reached the school and I stepped of the bus. "OMG I haven't seen you all summer!" My best friend Maddi said as she ran up and hugged me. "Omg how was California?" I asked. She spent the summer with her grandparents in California. "It was amazing, so many cute boys" she said. I laughed and put my arm around her neck.

"MADDI" Sophia, the head cheerleader, called. Maddi ran over. Maddi was a cheerleader and was probably going to get through college on a cheerleading scholarship, because her grades weren't the best. "Bye Maddi, I'll see you later" I yelled after her as she went to hug Sophia. I went into the chemistry lab.

"OMG you're here, I thought I would have lost you to the cheerleaders, Maddi being your best friend and all" my boyfriend Marc said. He was a nerd as well as me. I went up and kissed him. "I'm happy to see you to" I said. He kissed me again. "Ow, your glasses" I said. His glasses pressed against my face. "Oh sorry" he said, pushing his glasses back against his face.

"I need to go and find out my classes, bye" I said. "I love you, Samantha" he said. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the lab. "Ohhhhhh, I saw you with Marc, he's kinda hot" Maddi said, coming up and linking arms with me. "He's a nerd, do you care? And we've been dating since like, grade eight" I said, rolling my eyes. "I know, but I just realized he's like really hot" she said, trying to look through the lab window.

"Well you can have him, I hate him. He's weird and strange and not my type" I said. "Oh he's perfect!" She said excitedly, unlinking our arms and running back to the lab. I laughed. I got my classes. The bell rang. "What, I haven't even found my locker?" I yelled, not knowing who I was talking to. I ran the my math class. Great, math first, that sucks.

"Attention class" Mrs Sinner yelled. I looked to the back of the room. Maddi was making out with Marc at the back of the room. "ATTENTION CLASS" Mrs Sinner yelled again. Maddi and Marc still didn't look up. "Whatever" Mrs Sinner whispered under her breath. "Okay class, we will first start with........". I shut my teacher out. I didn't care what she was saying.

A handsome man walked into the room. His brown hair was cut perfectly and his blue eyes were the like the ocean. I just kept staring as he walked over to his desk. He was so cute! Maddi must have noticed him as well because she was staring too. He sat down beside Sophia and I wanted to die. He leaned over and kissed her! Ugh, why do all the cute ones like the cheerleaders or popular girls.