One of Many Floats Down

Folding the last piece of paper airplane, I tossed it into the paper basket. I walked towards the open windows carrying the paper basket full of paper airplanes I folded for the last thirty minutes. I swore to myself, it will not be a waste of my time, and only the paper are wasted. Not my time. Then I proceeded with the glorious act of dumping paper airplanes.

I watched it float down towards my target. Samuel Samson.

Standing marvelously with perfection.

I don't know what I was thinking really. I just thought that maybe, if I write down everything I felt about him then somehow let those written feelings reach him, it will simply go away. Harboring petty crushes on a guy who does not even know I exist is a huge problem.

It makes me visit lala-land and daydream. Which sucks entirely. I do not want to waste a single second of my life, unless, it is sitting down for good food.

My paper airplanes now reached the level between the second and the first floor of the building I'm currently hiding -err... residing in.

Then, paper airplane number one hit him. Then another, then another and another. It's a good thing he didn't bother facing where the paper airplanes came from. I wouldn't want to be at fault when he becomes blind by the paper airplane assault. Instead, he picked one up then started unraveling the paper from its folds.

Oh sticks! He's really reading it! But I made sure there was no name whatsoever that could identify that I made it. I sighed relief at the thought.

It's going to be okay, he'll be gone from my mind soon. Only his name will remain in my memory bank. And his handsome statuesque face.

Then he looked up, I ducked from view.

"Hey!" He called.

Should I? Should I let him see the beautiful person that I am?

I decided and got up, and almost waved at him.

Almost.

"Oh, hi Sam!"

I did not know that my brain could now project my thoughts or has its own melodic voice.

Or not.

I looked down and saw the girl below my room looking down and waving at Sam - at Samuel Samson.

"You did this?" Sam raised one creased paper, formerly my paper airplane.

"No, why? What's that?" I can hear confusion in her voice

I hear him chuckle. I think they know each other

"Don't deny it Bree, it's okay, because I like you too." 

Crap. I must hide.

I ducked down again and listened to their exchange, their voices slowly tearing my heart like it's a scrap of paper.

Phew, thank heavens and gravity for not letting my foolish self make its presence known.

I went back inside my room and thought about the unknowing lovebirds-to-be I just paired quite accidentally.

I will never experience that kind of bond with another person.

Because I do not believe in love finding me.

________________

The first of all the stories running inside my head that I've finally started to create.

*S
1/16/2017