1 ~ To Make Her Feel Better

I lie across the couch, tears trailing down my face. I've never felt any kind of pain worse than this.
Ignored.
Unwanted.
Unwelcome.
Unloved.

They asked so much of me. I'm only human, I have two hands and two feet. I can't do everything asked of me at the time its wanted to be done. I can't perform miracles or do anything perfectly. Yet I still think I can and it tears me apart, piece by piece.

I curl myself up in fetal position and feel sorry for myself. Then, I feel a hand on my shoulder and the couch sinking in a bit.

Patrick's concentrated and concerned face looked down on me, frowning, "What's wrong babe?"

I sigh and sit up as he crawls up and pulls my legs into his lap. He's been at Joe's house, recording music all day with him. He doesn't need to hear about my problems, especially if they're as unimportant as this.

"Nothing. I'm fine," I tell him and attempt to casually catch a tear before it fell to my cheek.

His frown deepened and split my heart in half. I've upset another human being today. I feel awful.

Patrick put his arms around me, "No you're not. I know you're not fine. What's bothering you?"

It hit me harder than I thought. It wasn't easy, and I knew it before, but hearing Patrick say it - it all came in like a slap in the face.

I'm not okay.

A fresh round of tears started welling up in my eyes and my chest shook with quick breaths. Patrick noticed and held me closer. He was so warm and comfortable, like my own little teddy bear. Words can't explain how thankful I am for him.

"It's hard, I know. I hit rock bottom. It's not fun. I needed someone to drag me out of it," he said, muffled into my neck. His fingers tangled in my hair.

"When does it get better?" I cried into his collar.

He kissed my head and his voice faltered, "I'll let you know when I find that out."

I closed my eyes, trying to hide the tears that are now streaming down my face. There was nothing left for me to do. I won't cut or attempt suicide. I can't. I wouldn't do that to Patrick.

I'm stuck.

He pulled back and locked eyes to mine. His thumb rose to my face and he wiped my tears before kissing my lips sweetly, "I can't let you go through this. This ends tonight."

I gave him a half-smile and sniffled.

"I've been down that road and I would never wish that on anyone, especially you," he persisted.

My cheeks flushed crimson and I choked a giggle out.

Patrick chuckled, "What?"

"Nothing, it's just that you're so cute when you're focused," I explained.

A smirk crept up on his face and he blushed a little before looking questioningly into my eyes. Those sweet green eyes never failed to lose me. He never tried anything before asking me with them.

Patrick cupped my chin in his hand and kissed me deeply. Before I knew it, he had lowered my back to the couch cushion and let his body hover over mine. I nibbled at his lip and his hips dropped to mine like a magnet.

That was the night that Patrick Stump saved me and gave me the best night of my life.