"Yeah...great actually," I replied.

He checked something on his tablet. "What I'm seeing on this tablet is your eyesight. In the software installed in your chip includes a heads-up display in your eyesight. Try to think of the letters: H-U-D."

The HUD pops up in the eyesight. "I got it, prof!"

"HUD is functional. Now for the moment of truth... Danny, (shows screen of the tablet) I want you to activate any of the apps available in this tablet. Just wave out your hand and say 'activate' and the name of the app in your mind. Try it!"

My 11-year-old self did as told. On the tablet screen, I activated the Google Chrome browser. "It worked... It worked!"

"Good God... Ladies, gentlemen, the chip is a success!" All of them applauded. "There are more features about the chip which you will know later, Danial, but for now, you should get some rest."

The playback stopped. "What was your most precious?" Thea asked.

"Of course the ones with The Crew, and my two sisters. Sarah, and you."

I sighed, and she saw me frown right after. "Are you feeling okay, Dan?" she said softly.

She's read my face yet again. "No, not really. I'm actually worried. About two things, Charlene and Melanie, and-"

"I thought Charlene and Melanie are already two things."

"What are you talking about? That was only my first point." Trust me, this is one of her ways to make me forget about my problems. By kidding until I get agitated and make her my problem.

"So that would make it three things..."

"ANYway... We gotta wake up before I show you my second problem."

We returned to reality after ending the VR session. "What was your second point again?" Thea returned to the topic.

"This." I took out my iPhone from my pocket and unlocked the screen, displaying a webpage. She read the headline quickly.

"Henry Gurney School infiltrated, one prisoner escapes with attackers?" she read.

"Henry Gurney Prisoners School back in Malaysia was where Firas went to serve his time for his juvenile involvement with The Technologists. You remember him, right?"

"I do. Your best friend who backstabbed you."

"There was, according to local news, an attack towards the school. The guys who attacked the school brought away one of its prisoners."

"Firas."

"Exactly."

"And your worried about him?! He sold us out to The Technologists! He sold YOU out!"

"So? He was still my friend, Thea! No matter what happened. I just can't let go of the fact that we are still friends...."

"Why?"

I took a deep breath."...He was the closest thing I ever had to a sibling ever since my family died and before I met you and The Crew. He treated my like his own brother, and we'd acted like siblings every time we were together. We even made a promise to each other, that we'd still be friends till the end of the line...no matter what."

"It's like what they say, right? Friendship is magic."

"That's what bronies and pegasisters say."

"Still the same thing..."

"You...have a point."

Then Geronimo shows up from the sliding doors. Strangely, he was in his black suit and had a badge strapped to his belt. "Danny! Thea! there you are," he said in relief. He sounded grave. "Grab your gear, we're going back to Hotel Shangri-La."