Chapter 1: Nightmares

Riley's POV:

*Nightmare*
"Lucas, I left my charger over here last night. I came by to pick it up. Do you have it?" I asked. As I open his bedroom door I see my boyfriend pressing up against a girl I've never seen before, kissing her roughly, tugging at the end of her shirt, pleading for her to take it off.

"What the hell?!" I scream, as the tears are begging for an escape. They both turn there eyes to me. I watched as Lucas laughes slightly before speaking, "Aw, did little Riley finally realize that shes not my one and only? That there is someone way better than her for me?" he asks me as him and the girl start to laugh. The tears are rolling down my face like a waterfall.

"Took you long enough," was all he said before pushing me backwards. Instead of falling on to his floor, I find myself slipping into a hole of complete darkness, as words of hate surround me and my thoughts. All I can do is scream. Theres no walls, no floor, no nothing. Its an endless hole of misery that I will be stuck in. As I'm abut to give up and just close my eyes for the last time, my back finds an end.

My body launches up and I look around to see that I'm just in my bed at my apartment, covered in sweat, panting rapidly. It was all a nightmare. A terrible one to be exact.

The nightmare was similar to what actually happened almost 6 years ago. But instead, Lucas wasn't in an intense make-out session. He was still kissing a girl, but it was close to the way he used to kiss me. And he didn't speak that harsh to me, nor did he push me to the ground.

He simply told me that I wasn't the only one.

Either way, it still broke my heart. We were together since the end of 8th grade. Lucas was always the sweetest guy. In reality, he was a self absorbed, rude, jerk. I can't believe that I couldn't see through his lies back then..

I'm not sure why I'm having this kind of nightmare though. Neither do I know why I've been having them all week. I haven't thought about Lucas whatsoever in the past 6 years, so why am I getting these midnight tortures now? At the moment, I couldn't stay up and worry about him. I'm a 23 year old who needs to get her life together and get some sleep.

Its 4:48 a.m. here in New York City. I have to be up in a few hours, so I lie my head back down on my pillow and stare blankly at the wall until I fall asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a/n: yay, second book is out, hope you enjoy this one.
love you guys
-anaya