Wedding of the Century Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Buck," he said.

"They grow up so fast," Bucky sighed, wiping away a crocodile tear. Steve rolled his eyes as Sam and Natasha fussed over the uniform.

"Alright, you look great, Rogers," Natasha said as she finished straightening his jacket.

"Absolutely killer," Sam agreed. "Tony's not gonna be able to take his eyes off of you."

"My little Stevie is getting married," Bucky smiled. Steve smiled back and rose an eyebrow.

"You're not crying, are you, Buck?" He asked. Bucky shook his head and wiped at his eyes.

"Just got something in my eyes," he mumbled. Steve laughed as someone knocked on the door. Natasha opened it to reveal Bruce.

"How's it going?" He asked.

"Wonderfully," Steve grinned. "How's Tony?"

"Nervous," Bruce shrugged. "But that's to be expected."

Steve nodded and scratched the back of his neck.

"It's almost time," he said, a huge grin spreading across his face. He looked up as Clint appeared in the doorway.

"Have you seen Peter?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked.

"I mean, I saw him getting ready earlier," Clint explained. "Now I can't find him anywhere."

"You lost my son?" Steve shouted.

"Not lost," Clint stated. "I just misplaced him."

"Clint!" Natasha shouted, giving Clint a hard glare.

"What I mean is, I didn't lose him," Clint began, thinking quickly. "I was just wondering if you saw his suit. He looks great."

He ducked out of the room and Natasha hit her forehead with her palm. Steve looked over at her and she flashed him a smile, following Clint out.

"You're such an idiot, Barton," she snapped, hitting him upside the head.

"Babe! Natasha hit me!" Clint cried. Pietro rolled his eyes.

"Handle it yourself!" He called from he was helping Wanda with something. "I'm kind of busy here!"

Clint rolled his eyes and looked back at Natasha.

"Find him," she hissed and walked away. Clint sighed and looked around wildly. He finally spotted someone in a red suit.

"Wade!" He shouted, running over. Wade stopped and looked over at him.

"Hawk man!" He exclaimed. "How you doing?"

"Have you seen Peter?" He asked.

"Uh, I think he was fiddling with his camera," Wade answered.

"Thanks, man," Clint said and ran to find him.

He saw the camera and them spotted Peter digging through a bag at the bottom of the tripod.

"Pete," Clint shouted, running over to him.

"Oh, hey, Clint," Peter smiled. "I just thought I would..."

"Why aren't you ready?" Clint frowned. Peter sighed and stood up.

"I don't see why I need to," Peter frowned, crossing his arms. "We still have like half an hour."

"I don't like this suit as much as the next guy but we need to look nice," Clint stated. "This is a special day for Stark and Cap."

"Fine," Peter said, allowing a smile to stretch across his face. He followed Clint to the back rooms and went to get dressed.

"Alright, one thing taken care of," Clint sighed, relaxing.

_-★-_

"I don't know about this," Steve muttered, walking back and forth.

"You're not having second thoughts now, are you, punk?" Bucky asked.

-

"Of course not, Rhodey," Tony said. "I'm just nervous. I'm going to mess this up. I know I am."

"You can't mess it up, Tony," Rhodey stated. "It'll be fine."

-

"Are you sure?" Steve asked, turning to Bucky.

"Of course," Bucky smiled, standing up and putting a hand on Steve's shoulder. "That man is crazy about you."

-

"But there's so much better people out there," Tony stated. "People who deserve him."

"Don't be ridiculous," Rhodey practically snorted, wrapping an arm around him. "No one deserves him more than you."

-

"You mean it, Buck?" Steve asked.

"Course I do," Bucky smiled. "You two were made for each other."

-

Tony smiled and Rhodey pulled him into a hug. Bruce walked in as they let each other go.

"Okay..."

-

"...it's time," Natasha told them.

_-★-_

They stepped out of the rooms and stopped, staring at each other. A slow smile crept across their faces as Steve walked over to Tony.

"You look amazing," he smiled.

"So do you, soldier," Tony smiled. Steve held out his arm and Tony laced his arms through his.

"Ready?" He asked.

"I was born ready," Tony smiled, though nervousness shone in his eyes. Steve leaned forward to kiss him but Natasha pushed them away from each other.

"Save the kissing for after the wedding," Pepper scolded as she and Natasha looked them over and they finally seemed satisfied.

"Alright, boys," Natasha grinned. "Get out there and make us proud."

Steve laughed and kissed her forehead.

"We will," he promised. He smiled at Tony and Pepper fussed with their already perfect hair.

"Geez, Pep. We're going to be late if you keep this up," Tony said with exasperated fondness. Pepper smiled a bit apologetically and stepped back.

"I'm sorry. I just want your big day to be perfect..." she trailed off and tears escaped her eyes.

"Hey, Pepper. It's okay," Tony said gently as he stepped forward to hug her. She nodded as she hugged him back.

"I just can't believe that you're getting married," she said. He smiled as he rubbed her back.

"Me neither," he admitted, meeting Steve's eyes.

"You two need to get going," Natasha suddenly said. "The wedding starts in a few minutes. Don't want to be late, do you?"

She guided Pepper towards the door and Steve and Tony looked at each other.

"Ready for this, soldier?" Tony asked. Steve grinned.

"I don't think I've ever been more ready for anything," he replied. He glanced over at where Natasha and Pepper were standing and leaned forward to kiss Tony's forehead. "The sooner we do this, the faster I can kiss you again."

Tony chuckled and Steve offered him his arm. Tony linked their arms together and took a deep breathe as they walked out the door.