♩♪♫ Chapter 2 ♩♪♫

Father, Mother, why did you left me?  I don't want to be left out anymore, I don't want to be alone. I don't want people to hate me, and I don't want people not to love me..................

*Slap " Zephyr!!! Hey!!! Wake up!!!" I opened my eyes and I saw my Aunt. I didn't hear her but I knew that she was waking me up because she would never slap me. I saw myself lying on the sofa, and I didn't know how. Things normally goes as usual, but now it's different.

" Rain is here! " Aunt Elise wrote. " Who's Rain?" I asked. " Your father's sister! " She answered. " Let's go! She's waiting at the kitchen." I took a bath, changed my clothes, wore my watch, and brought my things, ready to go to school. I went to the kitchen, and I was surprised. " What's a foreigner doing here?" I asked. Good thing I learned how to speak and understand sign languages before I became deaf.

" Hi Zephyr! I'm Kotonashi, a Japanese but your father calls me Rain." She said. I didn't understand a single word she said until Aunt Elise wrote it on a paper. Then after that Aunt Elise explained to Aunt Rain what happened to me and my father.

She looked at me straightly. It felt like she wanted to yell at me, or say something about my inability. I felt something that made me even more nervous than what I usually feel. She went close to me and I saw her hand moving towards me. If I made something wrong, I accept it. Besides, that is how people normally treats me.

I was expecting her to scold me about what happened to father, but I suddenly felt warmth, like what I feel when I'm with Lyrice. She hugged me and caressed my hair like a child. I could feel her warm tears flowing through her eyes like a miserable rain dropping from the sky. I felt her love, caring and kindness. I was ashamed by myself on how immorally I thought of her. I never knew her story, yet I already judged her. Basically a stereotype.
.

.

.

.

.

Am I really worthy being a human? Despite of having this inability I still do what other people do. Am I becoming one of them?

.

.

.

.

.

After that she asked me if I was okay, if I was hurt or anything happened to me. Of course none, except I lost someone that I always admired. And it was my father.

Aunt Rain told me about the story of my father. She told me how he started playing instruments, how he overcome his trials, and how he suffered for his love. My story is a whole lot different from him, but I find a few similarities. We were both hated by people because of who we are. We both wanted to show the world how worthy we are. And we both detested the world so much that we would have want to die. But good thing he didn't give up. As for myself, I don't know.

After hearing his story, I was motivated to try and learn how to play guitar. I sensed that playing guitar is as easy as playing the piano.

As I practice, my mind went into a different world. A world, where only snow exist, nothing can even be seen in a distance. It's hard to live in a cold world, but that's just how life goes.

As I continue playing, I remembered something. While remembering, the wind guided my fingers and created a different tune. A tune I don't know but felt like I knew it before.  Every strum brightens up the cold place and change it into grasses and trees. Leaves fell, covering the ground. I knew that this was the world of my father, and I never knew that it would be beautiful.

.

.

.

.

.

After a while I saw my father sitting beside the Autumn tree. The tree waved back and forth whenever he plays the guitar. Most likely because of the wind, but then I thought how could a gentle breeze bend a tree? I went closer to father, then he looked at me. I could see him wearing my necklace, and I could see his smile fading away. As I reach my hand, the autumn leaves flew and it blocked my sight. I felt his sincere heart. After it was gone, father vanished.

.

.

.

.

.

What did I do that this world hates me so much? That they chose to leave me? Or for a second thought, did I leave them?

.

.

.

.

.

I opened my eyes. I saw Aunt Rain singing something, probably from the song I played. I asked her what is it, and she told me that it was my father's favorite song. She wrote on the paper how he discovered the song. It looked like the wind guided his fingers and lips, because he had never knew the song, and he had never heard the song. I knew it because I perceived it earlier.

After that day I went to the school carrying my father's guitar. I went to the music room and let the wind guide me. I sat on the piano, and played my father's song.

That day was when I discovered something new.

As I strum the guitar, I was surprised how I could hear the music. I stopped and wondered. I tried talking, but I could never hear my voice. I tried throwing something on the ground, but I couldn't hear anything. But when I played the piano, or guitar, I could hear them. Did my father gave me this blessing?

I continued playing the guitar as I sang happily. I could never hear my voice but I believed that the wind is guiding me to sing the right tune. I cried in amazement, because I had opened a new world. A world where I could hear the beautiful sound of music jumping through my ears. I could hear the lovely melody that dances through the air. I could hear the rhythm, guiding all the notes to perfect harmony. I never felt so happy, not even once.

I suddenly stopped when I saw Lyrice, watching me behind the door while singing the song. She looked at me straightly. I called her, and she went in. " Why?" she asked. I didn't hear what she said but I could see her wondering. " Why are you hiding behind the door?" I asked. She brought a paper and wrote, " I didn't knew that you have a beautiful voice."

I didn't knew that I had a beautiful voice and I didn't believe it. After all, I couldn't hear my voice. How could I sing properly?

She held my hand and asked me to continue to play. I played the song, and something struck me. I never felt it before or never knew it. It felt like a warm winter breeze in a cold wintery night. Winter could have never been so warm.

Does happiness really exist?

If yes, which will I choose? Happiness or Love?

------------------------------------------------------------

Fast update? I had the mood to continue writing thanks to @WinterRaineeDay and her loving support!

Working on chapter 3 now, but I could hardly finish it now because of some stuff, but I'll update it as soon as I can! Later, Tomorrow, or Monday. Thanks for reading, and you are free to vote, comment or follow! Have a great day! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song: Yiruma -When The Love Falls arranged by Sungha Jung