Prologue

Katrin's P.O.V

Syrian border, March 12th 2012.
File no 471298021

I melted into the darkness, my black clothing camouflaged perfectly against the night as I crept through the halls of an old school.
Everything I wore from head to toe, helmet to shoes was bullet proof and heavy on my slim figure. Sucks being the only girl in an operation like this.
"Coleman move around the left wing, I'll take the right okay" Agent Benson, the commander of the team's voice came over my radio and I spoke, holding down the button.
"Copy that".

They called it operation NICO and it was supposed to be one of the biggest government approved takedowns on underground terrorism. It was also supposed to succeed.
It just turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life.

"If you find anything radio me the location" Benson said and the radio crackled off, leaving me alone in the dark.
Silence took over and I crept towards the school's basement, the cold metal of my gun strapped under my belt pressing into my hip with each step I took.
You're going to need more than a gun if...
I pulled up short, my breath lodged in my windpipe as my ears caught the faint sound of voices, a conversation in poorly spoken Syrian.
"Benson I think I found something" I hissed into the radio and got static in response.
I whacked the device on the side of my hand and tried again
"Benson I found them". Static.
"Benson!" My voice rose a little, but even then it was dangerously loud.
A scream rose inside me and jammed in my mouth as I was yanked backwards and someone's arm clamped down on my throat and constructed my airway.
"Don't bother trying to reach them" a mans voice rumbled in my ear
"They won't answer, its too late now... But you, you could be of use" he unbuckled my helmet and threw it in the corner before tracing a finger along my jawline.
With a jerk of my arm my elbow connected with his nose and his hands flew off of me, giving me the time to get my gun.
The metal scraped against my skin as I yanked it from my belt and pointed it directly at the mans head. He was dressed all in black and ha darkish skin and black hair. He looked young, no older than me. I was 22.
Bang!
I don't remember firing the gun, by I do remember it when the hole appeared in his forehead.
A gaping red dot in the dead center. I'd probably get demoted or that later, or worse sent back to America and kicked out of the FBI.
At the age of 22 I wasn't even supposed to be in the academy yet, but such were the perks of being intelligent.
Breathing heavily I turned around and went to take a shakey step.
That's when the bomb went off somewhere to the right.
The noise was so loud it burst both my eardrums.
I was thrown through the air and landed on the ground with a thump-crack.
When I tried to get up my legs wouldn't move, they were too heavy and, in fact, I couldn't feel them anymore. They may as well have not even been attached to me.
My hand reached out shakily and touched the ground which, for some odd reason was wet- really wet- an slippery, like it had just rained. I brought my sticky hand up in front of me so I could see it. It was coated completely in blood. My blood.
When I turned my head slightly (because it hurt like hell if I moved it any more) I saw the ground turned dark with my blood around me, the large pool still expanding, coming from my back.
I tried one last time to move my legs but they become led weights attatched to my body and the effort made me tired.
The last thing I remember is a shooting star crossed the sky right above me, a blazing trail of golden white in the darkness.
I breathed in deeply and then the I died, or at least I thought I did.
Part of me even hoped I did.

A/N: Hey, so I took this down a few days ago for extensive editing though it will still be the same story with a couple o' changes okay? I missed writing it after I got stuck a few months ago and I just had to continue because I had all these ideas and was going insane trying to make them work.... enjoy

Vote and Comment?

~ Spencer-the-kat