I'm Not Alright

I'm Not Alright
Matt x Mello One Shot
~~
If weakness is a wound
That no one wants to speak of
Then cool is just how far we have to fall 
Matt looked out the open window, letting out a breath of smoke from the cigarette he was smoking. The air was cool and it surrounded him as he smoked. His mind was racing. Ever since Mello left his mind never stopped racing. A small sigh escaped his lips as he put out his cigarette and walked away from the window.
And I am not immune
I only wanna be loved
But I feel safe behind the fire wall
Mello looked down at his lap. The sound of gun fire rang through his ears. There was a fight going on outside of his office and he knew they'd soon get to him. He had a plan. It may not be safe but it was a plan. No one can stop him from being number one. Before he knows it the door was broken down and an older man stands in front of him, Detective Yagami. He smirked and pressed a button, setting off a rig of explosives and blowing up everything around him.
Can I lose my need to impress
If you want the truth
I need to confess
Matt was pulled away from his game by the sound of his cell phone ringing. Mello. That was the only person it could be. He picked up his phone and answered it as fast as he could. "Mello?!" He asked, his voice frantic. The closest thing he got to a response was what sounded like a groan of pain from the other side of the phone. After calling for Mello a few more times he got a weak response. "Help" was all he heard before the call dropped.
I'm not alright
I'm broken inside
And all I go through
It leads me to you
Mello wasn't sure how, but he has somehow managed to call for help before he blacked out again from pain. The next time he awoke, the first thing he saw was red hair. Matty.
Burn away the pride
Bring me to my weakness
Till everything I hide behind is gone
Matt held the blondes hand as he watched him. Mello had a burn going down the left side of his face leading to the top of his shoulder. Matt had bandaged him and laid him on the couch. He watched him, making sure he was safe until he saw his eye open.
And when I'm open wide
With nothing left to cling to
Only you are there to lead me on
Cause honestly I'm not that strong
Mello looked up into Matt's green eyes. He felt pain on his left side but he didn't care. All he cared about was him. He answered his call. He saved him. He came back after Mello abandoned him. He still cared. Mello felt something he hadn't felt sense he'd left Wammy's. Happiness.
And I will move
Closer to you
And I will move
Closer to you
And I will move
Closer to you
Matt felt Mello squeeze his hand, letting him know he was awake. He looked at him and smiled. There was something bittersweet about being back with Mello. He saw a smile form on the blondes lips as he croaked out this next phrase. "You actually came for me."
I'm not alright
I'm broken inside
And all I go through
Leads me to you
Mello saw Matt smile at him. "Of corse I came." The comment from Matt made him feel good. He tightened his grip on the younger boys hand and watched as a tear rolled down Matt's face. "I'm never leaving again. I promise." He said, pulling the read head down into a hug. Matt hugged him back and whisper something softly into his ear. "I love you."
I'm not alright
And that's why I need you