Chapter 7

"Turn to page 394," Snape said in his greasy voice. I still can't believe he is the replacement for Uncle Remus during the full moon.

"Werewolves?" Fred whispered to me. I looked at him and shrugged.

I raised my hand.

"Miss Black," Snape said.

"Uh, sir, we haven't started werewolves, we just started learning about grindylows." I said in the politest voice I could.

"I understand that, Miss Black, but as I am the Professor at the moment, you will be taught what I teach you. Is that understood?" He said in an overly bossy tone.

"Yes Professor." I said quietly.

He continued with his lesson, which was mind numbingly boring, since I lived with a werewolf.

"Before you all leave I expect 10 inches of parchment on the werewolf on my desk tomorrow morning," Snape said.

The class groaned and began to pack up their things.

"Let's get out of here," George said grabbing me and Fred by the arm.

"Hey, do you wanna piss off Snape?" I asked George.

"How so?" He asked as we walked out the door.

"Like this," I said grabbing him by the collar and kissing him the the doorway, Snape staring straight at us.

"Bloody children," I heard him grumble.

"Wow, I thought you didn't like PDA," Fred asked me stunned when I let go of GeorgGeorge, who seemed quite content.

"I don't, it's just Snape," I said walking down the hall, "he has the nerve to teach about werewolves in my Uncle's class. It's not right."

"I agree," George said putting his arm around me, still a little stunned that I kissed him in front of a teacher.

"Bloody prat, who does he think he is teaching about werewolves in a werewolf's class," Fred said, lowering his voice on the last part.

"He's just being a git. Besides, no one in this school is smart enough to figure out that Uncle Remus is a werewolf." I said coolly.

"Well, maybe Hermione," George added.

"True, but even if she did, she wouldn't tell anyone. It's not in her nature," I said.

We walked down to Hagrid's hut for the last class of the day. We always got there early so we could chat with him and say hello to Buckbeak.

"Hullo Hagrid," I said.

"'Allo Ashley, Fred, George," Hagrid said, "'ow are my three favorite fifth years today?"

"We're well, thanks," Fred said.

"Say, George, your treatin' 'er right, aren't you?" Hagrid said gesturing to me.

"Yes sir," George said.

"He's doing fine Hagrid," I have known him for about five years mind you. He just finally got the guts to ask me out this year," I joked. George did the hand over heart thing that he does when he pretends to be offended. I giggled and kissed him on the lips.

"Aw, 'ow cute," Hagrid said, "you lot ready for today?"

"What's today?" Fred asked.

"Why, I'm teachin' you lot about thestrals," Hagrid said, "but you'll have to wait 'til the lesson to find out."

The lesson went by fairly quickly. I don't know who I've seen die, but I can see the thestrals so I must have. Afterwards we went up to the common room. It was Friday, and every Friday we play 21 dares with everyone.

"19, 20," George said.

"21," I said, "ugh, alright truth," I said reluctantly.

"What is the most embarrassing thing you've ever done," Alicia asked me.

"Hmm, probably dating George. I'm just kidding. Hmm...oh, one time when I was like 5, I jumped out of the bath and got my Jr broom and flew around the house butt naked." I said embarrassedly.

The entire room laughed.

"OK, 1, 2," I said.

"21," Neville said, "rats, not again. All I have left is kiss."

"You have to kiss Ashley," Fred, Ron and Seamus screamed.

"No, no way, not my girlfriend you gits," George protested.

"C'mon Georgie, you know I love you. And besides, are you scared of a little competition?" I said sarcastically.

"I love you too," he said kissing me quickly.

Neville and I stood up, "sorry George," he said then planted a kiss on my lips.

To make George feel better I sat on his lap for the rest of the game. At about half ten everyone except Fred George and I went to bed. I put my head on George's lap and he stroked my hair until I fell asleep. I woke up in his arms on the couch.

"Morning babe," he said gleefully.

"Morning cutie," I replied followed by a yawn.

We had a quidditch game today, bit the rain was coming down hard.

About 3/4 of the way through the game Harry fell off his broom and we lost the game. The entire team was in the hospital with him. After a while me and the twins left and went back up to the common room.

"Harry!" I screamed as I jumped off the couch to welcome him back, "it's hard to believe you've been in the hospital for a little less than a week."

"Thanks Ashley," he said.

"Cmon love, don't suffocate the lad," George called from the couch.

"Right, Harry, Hermione told me to tell you that she left your homework assignments on your bed, she said she has done most of it for you," I said whispering the last part.

"Thanks Black," Harry laughed.

(Fast forward 3 weeks)

"What's going on," Fred said.

"It's the fat lady, she's gone," Dean said.

Me and the twins fought through the crowd to see the portrait, and sure enough, my suspicions were confirmed. There were three large slashed through the portrait and the fat lady was gone.

We had to spend the night in the great Hall, and I slept in between Fred and George. I couldn't help but thinking that something was going to go wrong or that daddy was going to get caught. I just hoped that he was safe.

George must have felt me fidgeting because he pulled me closer to him and whispered, "don't worry love, everything is going to be alright."

"I love you," I said then fell asleep when he returned the words.