Chapter 5.

Xoxoxoxox. .

Mum wouldn't stop fussing over me.

She had ofcos..typical of her..got up bright and early and packed me food that would probably last me a whole week.

Her excuse was...it would take a while for me to settle in and get to know the town and find my way around to eventually finding my way to the supermarket and all..

So these should cover for a few days.
I should say I was grateful. I was. But ...she can't be fussing all the time..
I believe I could take care of me for once...

I had my box of cloths, shoes ,bags, and all girly stuffs already in the car. I had my most precious drawings in its special box on the driver's seat. Didn't want nothing smearing it...that could kill me.

Pops checked the car and made sure it was good to go...filled the tank..so I woundnt stop. Marked places on the map...where I should venture and where I shouldnt venture...to my eventual destination. ..atleast that made it way easy.

Dad offered to take me but I wanted to do this on my own...Besides. ..it was a 3 hour drive...what's the worst that could happen.???

Gramps wouldnt let go of my hand till I was seated in the car. He said he would miss me so...and I would him.

Ever since grandma passed..she had cancer..He had grown quiet and distant...feeling incomplete.
I mean who wouldnt...he loved the old gal.

I fell in love with the old guy as soon as I laid eyes on him when I was six..

We had been leaving overseas...and he and grandma lived like 7 hours apart...from us..last time he saw me I was like 3 years old still trying to understand the world..I didnt quite remember him.

When pops finally begged for them to move down to our parts..took another 6 months before they agreed...who could blame them. ..they were leaving behind their life..their friends and all they knew to a foreign land.

When they arrived I rushed out..six years old and the joy of meeting the parents of my pop...again..now that I could accurately think..

It was snowing...I remember..
Grandpa came down and saw me coming out holding onto mum's hand..

He bent to his knees...and beckoned for me to come..

I was like...huh?

He beckoned...and I looked into his eyes..and I saw tears..and a sparkle..

I didnt realise when I had let go of mum's hand..my feet felt as though I was flying..and indeed I was...

By the time we touched hands..He had lifted me up and spun my around and around and around.

Mum caught us in her camera..
My hands flying in the air..laughter ..happiness..love you could see it in my face...and grandpa seemed like a little boy...happy. I loved that picture..i carry it everywhere with me.

Ever since that day..we were best friends...grandma was cool tho..she combed my hair every night and allowed me sleep in her bed..and read me stories she used to read with pops..

After a year they got used to it.
5 years later..Grandpa was diagnosed with cancer...4 years later she was laid to rest. Gramps had never been thesame.

We tried all we could as a family to make sure he didnt feel lonely or depressed or sad..
Some days we couldn't avert it..but on others...we made him fill that love again.

I was his personal valet, Butler, talk partner,game partner, walk partner,..etc

Whenever I got home from school...I would pull all three of them and make them take me to the movies..watch a game..Music or dance concert and I would be the one to push gramps. ..his legs began hurting some...so he starting using the wheels..