Chapter 10: Birthday Blues

Saturday:
I was swiftly gathering my things I had to get out of here fast. Before Red came back, I grabbed my phone, threw on my jacket and pulled my boots on.

I had to find something for my dad, I couldn't come to the party empty handed. So I slipped out the door and down the hallway.
"Hey mom!" Henry called and I froze in place.
"Oh um hey Henry I thought you were camping out with Robin?" I asked and he laughed.

"Well yeah but only until today, I didn't want to miss grandpa's birthday party!" He told me with a smile and I nodded knowing I had to leave fast before Red came back.
"Oh well that's wonderful kid, I'm sure your grandpa will love that you were able to come." I explained inching to the door.

He nodded happily
"Um mom is it okay if I go to my other mom's just until the party that's where I have gramps present stored." He explained merrily.
"Yep well I gotta go Henry so I'll see you at the party bye!" I called racing out the door. I ran for awhile until I was sure Red wouldn't be able to follow.

My wrist and jaw stung like crap and I could tell I was burning up with a fever. Sighing at my wonderful luck I started towards a store in search of a gift for my dad.

__________________________________
Red's POV:
I walked back to Emma's room carrying a bowl of soup. She still had a fever but I figured as long as she rested she'd be up and going by the time the party started.

I knocked on her door , making sure she was decent before swinging the door open. Immediately after noticing the empty bed and absent shoes I knew she had bailed.

"Darn it Emma!!" I hissed turning and coming face to face with Snow and David.
"What about Emma?" Snow asked and I smiled.
"Emma, I didn't say Emma well bye." I tried to slip past them but David grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"No no we both heard you!" David whispered and I relented.
"Alright alright I found her the other day she was super sick she collapsed in the street and I didn't know what to do so I brought her back here and she took off." I explained sadly and David sighed.

I felt Snow place her hand on my forehead.
"Emma's not the only one with a fever Red." She told me and I sighed.
"I'm fine Snow, you two go enjoy the party I'll go find Emma." I tried to move past them but again Snow stopped me.

"No why don't you go lie down and I'll go look for Emma ." she offered and I felt my phone vibrate. Slowly I pulled it out while Snow and David were arguing and saw that Emma had texted me.

Red,
Don't worry finding dad a gift.

I looked up and gently told both
of them that I'd go find emma. Then I left quickly before they could protest.

__________________________________
Meanwhile with Snow and David

David sat at his birthday party feeling miserable. Even though everyone was trying to cheer him up and make his day special, but he couldn't help but think that this day wouldn't be special without Emma.

"Hey has anyone seen my mom?" Henry asked

To Be Continued....
Hey guys vote and comment and tell me your favorite part of this chapter ✌