HP - Realizing

You are viewing a story from harrypotterfanfiction.com

Realizing by crookshanks1126

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View Online

Format: Novella

Chapters: 17

Word Count: 29,779

Status: COMPLETED

Rating: Mature

Warnings: Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme

Genres: Drama, Romance, Action/Adventure

Characters: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, Sirius, James, Lily, OC

Pairings: Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna, Other Pairing

First Published: 12/11/2005

Last Chapter: 06/25/2006

Last Updated: 06/25/2006

Summary:

Harry and Hermione realize how they feel about each other right before their 6th year. As the year unfolds you'll never guess what happens. Thanks to _Harry_Potter_ for the banner. One thing that everyone must understand is that I only work on this story during school for 45 minutes a day, excluding weekends. I try to work as quickly as possible. Thank you!!!! UPDATED AUTHORS NOTE IN CHAPTER 10!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: Letters

[View Online] [Printer Friendly Version of This Chapter]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 ~ Letters

Harry lay awake in bed, watching the clock waiting for it to turn to midnight. When it did, he would be 16. The reason that he was waiting was because that his friends always sent him his birthday presents and they always arrived shortly after midnight. He was also trying to sort out his feelings for his best friend, Hermione. He had always liked her more than a friend, but it hadn't dawned on him until that night in the Department of Mysteries. He laid on the bed remembering the night that he thought that he almost lost Hermione.

"Sliencio", cried Hermione as she silenced a Death Eater that was calling that he had found them. All of the sudden the Death Eater that Hermione had silenced made a violent slashing motion with his wand and a purple light flew through her chest and she crumpled to the floor.

"HERMIONE", Harry screamed as he thought to himself. "Don't let her be dead, don't let her be dead, it's my fault if she's dead"

It was then that he realized that he was in love with Hermione. He guessed that he always had been, but never aware of it. He remembered all of the things that he would have never been able to do without her, like getting to the Sorcerer's Stone in first year. He also remembered that she told him that he was a great wizard. He also remembered how upset he had been when he found out in second year that she had been petrified by the basilisk, but of course, even though she was petrified, she managed to still help Harry. Then, in their third year, Hermione helped Harry save Sirius from receiving the kiss from the dementors. Then in their fourth year when Harry had been entered in the Triwizard Tournament Hermione had been there for him when Ron was being a jealous git. And then last year, Hermione had refused to be left behind while Harry went to the Department of Mysteries, where she almost met her death.