“Look who’s up,” Louis teases, smirking at us. Liam and Zayn were glaring at Alex, who was now cowering in my grasp, not that I was complaining. Even though the boys were angry at Alex, they had it coming. Nobody stands in her way. That’s one of the many things about her that turns me on. “Hey, maybe next time you can keep it down…it would be much appreciated.”

            Even though there’s a blush starting to appear on my face, I can’t help but try and hide the smirk on my face.

            “Wipe that smirk off your face,” Alex said, not even looking up to see the look on my face. She truly is something special.

            “How did you know?” I ask out of curiosity.

            “Niall, you’re a guy…that should be more than enough to answer that question,” she says, and I nod, the smirk not depleting one bit.

            “Okay, if we weren’t before, we are now one hundred percent sure that there is in fact someone named Niall in this house,” El said, making Alex blush more, and my smirk get even bigger, if possible. “Although, I’m not sure if we know where he is, because the voice just kept calling his name over and over again. I almost thought somebody was getting hurt because the person kept screaming the name Niall over and over again, getting louder as time passed.”

Alex’s P.O.V.

            I have never been more embarrassed in all my life. It was one thing when we were in the park with everybody, or when we were in Ireland with everyone downstairs, but this went way too far. And being the great friends that they were, they decided to keep making fun of us all day. What a joy!

            “So what are we going to do today?” Niall asked after putting our plates from lunch in the sink.

            “Well, El, Perrie, and I were thinking about catching some more sun before we head back home,” Dani explains. “Would you like to join us Lexi?”

            “No, she’s going to join us in a game of volleyball,” Harry said, putting “my opinion” in for me.

            “Oh I am, am I?” I question, trying to give him a menacing look, but when he and the rest of the boys bring out the puppy dog faces. Ugh, I have to resist the urge.

            “Pleeease,” they all pleaded like children, sticking their lower lips out, and their eyes watering. Oh geez; there’s no resisting those looks. They know me so well.

            “You guys have no soul,” El scolded, crossing her arms and pouting. “You guys know that our Mommy Direction can’t resist the puppy dog look, especially with trembling lips and watery eyes. It doesn’t help when one of you is her husband too. You guys suck.”

            “How about Alex creams all of you guys at volleyball today, and then tomorrow we have a girls day,” Perrie suggested, shooting me a wink, making the boys look at her in disgust, even Liam. Harry and I exchanged a quick look before I turned to Niall, who looked horrified.

            “You want to take my wife away from me?” Niall asked, putting his hands over his heart to indicate that he was in pain. “What kind of sick person are you?”

            El could only roll her eyes in response.

            “Niall, you and Alex are going on your honeymoon next week,” El pointed out.

            “Right, so she doesn’t need to tan now,” Niall interrupts. “Besides, we can do some nude couple tanning in Australia.”

            “And you call me the sick person?” El mocks after Niall wiggles his eyebrows in my direction, making me blush. “Just be lucky we’re letting you have some quality time before you guys head back to the “Land Down Under”.”

            “Fine,” Niall huffed out, realizing this was one fight that the girls weren’t going to let him win this one. “But Lexi’s on my team.”

            “I call Lexi too,” Harry called before anyone could make any objections. Everyone looked at him with a weird look before looking at each other with questioning looks. Only I knew the reason behind Harry’s outburst.

            “So I guess it’s Liam, Louis, and I against Lexi, Niall, and Harry?” Zayn questioned, making sure he had the teams right. Harry and Niall were quick to confirm, leaving the boys even more stunned.

            “Would someone mind telling me what’s going on?” Liam asked, obviously not in the mood for our shenanigans.

            “I might have forgot to mention that Alex was an amazing volleyball player in secondary school,” Harry replied, a smug expression on his face, leaving everyone else stunned.

            “See, this is why I married you,” Niall said, swooping me up in his arms, and carrying me to the net.

            “Niall, up until two seconds ago, you had no idea I’d even played volleyball,” I laughed out.

            “Yeah, but I still love you,” Niall said, making me roll my eyes. “Okay, I’ll serve first.”

            I was guarding the front while Niall and Harry covered the back. I crouched into position, ready to defend our side, but nothing was happening.

            “Niall, are you going to serve the ball?” I called behind me, not looking back.

            “Maybe if he ever stops staring at your ass,” Harry responds. I hear a slapping sound, and I’m pretty sure it’s Harry slapping Niall on the back of his head for staring at my rear-end. A second later, the ball is released, and the game has begun.

*

*

*

Niall’s P.O.V. (A few hours later)

            I can’t believe it; my wife is a beast volleyball player. Just watching her spike that ball was incredible. The view wasn’t too bad either.

            “What are you thinking about?” Alex asks, bringing me back to reality.

            “How good you looked in those tight shorts,” I reply honestly. The look she gave me was priceless. “What? You can’t wear that type of clothing and not expect me to stare.”

            “You’re so lucky you’re my husband,” she says, trying to scold me, but I can see the humor behind her eyes.

            “Believe me, I know,” I say with a straight face. Truth is, I know how lucky I am. There isn’t anyone else in this world that I would rather be married to. There isn’t a single day that passes by that I’m not thankful. There are so many things that I have been through that I can’t even begin to explain how lucky I am. It all started when the boys and I were put together. When Simon said that I wasn’t going through as a solo artist, I was devastated. But then when the boys and I were put together, it was such a blessing. Little did I know that the journey that they boys and I would take together would lead me to the love of my life. Nothing makes me happier than coming home, and wrapping my arms around my beautiful wife, and holding my little boy in my hands. I would do anything for them, and that includes leaving the music industry. They mean everything to me, and I want to be there for all of the cherished moments.

            I picked Alex up from her side of the  bed, and laid her down on my chest, wrapping my arms tightly around her.

            “I love you so much,” I whisper to her, leaving a small kiss on her forehead.

            “I love you more,” she replies, kissing me on the nose. I love her cuteness. Hell, I love everything about her.

            “Not possible,” I mumble, placing my lips on hers. We fell asleep that night with her wrapped up in my arms, with me holding her close…exactly how it should be.