Part 3

21. Author Notes that interupt the story

Example: Blah blah blah some random ass fact that may or may not be true blah blha (A/N Not sure if that fact is true, no hate!) blah blah blah

You're an idiot. Shut up. Google is there for a reason geT THE REAL FACTS OH MY GOd.

22. When people use caps for yelling.

Example: I knocked over my mother's favourite vase. "OMG KATE YOU SPASTIC WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU EVEN DO THAT YOU RETARDED CHILD."

I know this is kinda hypocritical because in the last two chapters I"VE WRITTEN EVERYTHING LIKE tHIs but c'mon man, this isn't a real story so its okay right. right? Anyway, exlamation marks were invented for a reason! so was saying ", she shouted/yelled/called/whatever tickles your fancy. PLease just do yourself a favour and use them!!!!!!111!1!!

23. When writers don't know where they are going with a story so they write short, 1 page chapters to fill in time. (Suggested by Yougivemehope)

There is nothing wrong with 1 page chapters full of intense details that actually relate to the plot of the story. But it makes it obvious that the fic has no direction because the chapter has nothing to do with anything and is just posted to make it look like you're still writing. I would rather wait a month for a chapter than have one that leaves me hanging with more questions than i started with.

24. The brother's best friend/ Your best friend's brother cliche

Example: Omg i've fallen in love with my brother's best friend and my brother hates it but then he's okay with it and now we're all one big happy family/Omg i've fallen in love with my best friend's brother but i don't want to tell her so i'm going to secretly date him and then she ends up with my brother omg what a coincidence...

This has been so over done it make my eyes bleed. Not literally, obviously, but you get me. No offence, but A) my brother's friends are all weird as shit, B) none of them are remotely attractive because they ARE MY BROTHERS FRIENDS AND THAT IS JUST GOD DAMN WEIRD. As for the best friend's brother, i go over to my friends house to hang with my friend I DON"T EVEN SPEND TIME WITH HER ZBROther.. why am i so retarded?

25. Living with 12 hot guys.

Example: Omg my parents are away on some trip and really should'nt be leaving their 16 year old daughter at home, but oh well i'll just go live with the next door neighbours who have like, 12 sons who all happen to be REALLY HOT !

There was one story that originally did this and it was really good. (I don't remember the name, but its probably at the top of the what's hot list) But since that one was posted, all of a sudden a million copy cat stories turned up on wattpad. STOP RIGHT NOW. This story has been done. it only needs to be done once. Try being original for the first time in your life.

26. Being the only girl in an all-boys school

Example: Badly written copy of She's The Man

Okay, so i really liked this movie. But notice the difference between being the only girl in an all boys school, and being the girl PRETENDING to be a boy in an all boys school. SIGNIGICANT DIFFERENCE>  But seriously, as if they would even let a girl into an all boys school. Lets be real here. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN UNLESS YOU HAVE A PAIR OF BALLS. moving on.

27. Casting yourself as the main character in your story

Example: AccountDeactivated as Mary Sue

Why. Do. People. Even. Do. This. I dunno man, but this really bugs me for some reason. Anyway.

28. Insest/Falling in love with your Step sibling.

Example: My brother and i were playing monopoly. Then he leaned forward and passionately kissed me.

EW OMG WHY DOES THIS EVEN EXIST> WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THIS IS OKAY? seriously guys. this is gross. ew. why would someone even think of doing that leT ALONE WRITNG IT GAh. I ACTUAlly just can't even think of anything to say about this right now. Falling in love with your brother/stepbrother is wrong, it will never be okay, ew. stop.

29. Not updating for 3 months at a time

I really hate it when people don't update for 3 months at a time and think it is an acceptable amount of time to make readers wait. Like, i know i don't update very often because i'm slack and the epitimy of procrastinator, but at least its only like, a few weeks between chapters. eh.

30. Summer flings

Example: We only just met but over the summer break we had the most amazing relationship ever but now we're going our seperate ways. wah wah wah

This is annoying because i don't actually think anyone actually does this. Not anyone i know anyway. But then again, Australian summers are so hot that people look terrible all the time and we're too worried about the 50 species of deadly things that live in our backyards. oh well.