Chapter 6

"You okay?"

I looked up to see Kate's concerned face. I wasn't surprised considering how nervous I was feeling on the inside.

"Just a bit nervous"

She smiled.

"Considering it's your first party thats only normal I guess. Don't worry though", she placed her hand which was painted red nail polish, on mine, You have me to guide you through all the do's and dont's so you'll be just fine"

That was easy for her to say considering how she looked stunning in her red off shoulder dress which reached up to a quarter of her thighs showing off her long legs. She was truly beautiful, way more than Taliya and her group of fakes.

I smiled back at her.

With a half smile she leg go of my hand and turned around to face the window, leaving me to my thoughts. Looking at the passing night sky my thoughts wandered off to my time with Kate in her huge room.

"But... won't these diamonds be too much for a normal college party?"

"For someone who hasn't been to a single party you sure know alot, "she smirked at me as she shifted her weight off the wall of the closet and walked around looking through more clothes on the hangers.

After picking one she looked back at me.

"One thing you should know is if you're going to a party with me, no matter what party it is, we dress like royalty. Nothing less. Got it?"

I looked up at her to see her grinning. I grinned back. Who was I to argue with a rule like that?

The party was in a mansion like house similar to Jason's but had a more elegant and sophisticated style. I guessed it belong to someone rich and famous. The party was in full swing by the time we reached it. Music was thumping off the walls and teenagers were jumping up and down to the beat under the colourful lights. Grabbing my hand Kate dragged me through the crowd and to the back where a group of posh looking girls sat.

"Kate!", a girl in a spanish accent jumped up and wrapped her arms around Kate and kissed her on the cheek, " Es maravilloso ver por fin que , el amor"

" Oh , cariño te he extrañado tanto! ¿Cómo está Damon ?"

I was surprised by Kate's fluent Spanish. I didn't think she was the type to bother herself with learning different languages.

"He's bitching about the flight. The flight attendant was all over him this time and managed to spill orange juice all over his Armani suit"

I found myself laughing along with Kate at the frivolity of someone wearing Armani for a plane flight. Although I was pretty sure we were laughing for different reasons.

"Oh and you must be...? ", The spanish girl turned to face me with an inquiring look.

"Tress, su chica fiestera", I grinned, impressing her with my spanish. I didn't go for all those classes for nothing.

"Oooh! I like her Kate!", she beamed and wrapped her arm around mine, "where'd you find this one? I've never seen her before"

"That would be because she's never been to any party before", Kate grinned.

"Wait you're kidding right?"

The spanish girls eyes widened as she looked back to me for confirmation. I just shrugged, feeling embarrassment creeping over. Would I be the odd one out yet again because of my lack of interaction with society? My doubts were reassured when the girl squealed and hugged me as she said "Don't you worry. Soon you'll be a real chica fiestera now that you're with us. I'm Valentina btw. You can call me Val"

Two hours later Kate was in the middle of the dance floor surrounded by a group guys. She had dragged me in to dance but I soon pulled out for a drink and found myself lingering around an empty kitchen on the first floor of the house looking for anything that didn't have alcohol in it. The mass of flushing bodies was a completely different experience from being at home alone. The feeling of being one of the crowd made me feel claustrophobic and not my self and I had to get out. Seeing the white marble stairs had me rushing up them to get away from the alien feeling of being around so many people.

Opening the fridge I scanned the inside for something to quench my thirst.

"You lost?", a low voice from behind me called out just as I spotted an orange juice carton that had already been opened.

Grabbing it I turned around and stopped at seeing the figure near the kitchen doorway.

"No... I know where I am", I said to him and turned around to look for a glass while trying not to think about the fact that he was still standing at the door way. To say he was not bad to look at would be a great understatement because the minute I saw him I felt my heart pace faster. His big build had covered the doorway which had me forcing to look anywhere but at him.

"Second drawer from the left on top"

"Huh?", I asked without looking back.
He sighed and then I heard his footsteps walk towards me. I held my breath as he brushed past me and reached up to open drawer which held glasses. Taking one out he turned towards me, leaving just a couple of feet between us. I still refused to look directly at him and instead focused on his jet black hair which was styled in a messy flop causing a flock of his hair to fall onto hair forehead.

"Have we met before?", he asked as he handed the glass over to me, forcing me to look at him.

His eyes were the colour of the night sky on a really dark day. Yet up close they looked lighter, almost dark brown.

Taking the glass I muttered a thank you and looked away again to focus on the juice and then said, "Not in this lifetime no"

Not someone who looked as perfect as him.

He had a light black stubble on his chin that enhanced his sharp jaw and olive toned skin. And even through the expensive looking sweater he was wearing I could see the muscles bulging out, carving him in an image of power and money.

He chuckled, breaking me out of my trailing thoughts.

"Then why do you refuse to look at me?"

I looked up again.

"I don't", I said as I took a sip from the glass and then gulped the entire thing down.

Placing the glass on the table I looked at him to see him looking back at me with an amused expression.

"What's your name? ", he asked.

"Well I barely know you", I said making my way towards the doorway once I noticed that there was no one around. "So why should I tell you?"

"How about because you're in my party and I didn't invite you? And you're actually in my private kitchen. The visitors one is downstairs on the right of the main hall"

I stopped moving and faced him.

"Oh. I didnt notice. Um... I'm here with a friend actually. She invited me"

"And who is she?"

"K-"

And just then a loud sound from up stairs had us both looking up.

"Shit", the guy muttered and rushed out of the kitchen.

And out of curiosity and instinct I followed him.