Full Moon's Curse

That night I was feeling a lot worse. I had a headache, I felt sick and I was aching all over.

By the looks of things, Remus wasn't much better. I stayed in the Marauders dorm with Remus. I could just have easily stayed with Lily in her dorm, but on full moons I didn't really like to be alone. Remus looked at me sympathetically.

"How old were you when you were turned?" I asked weakly, trying to start a conversation. "You never told me"

He frowned, as if remembering the night he was attacked.

"I was four. Greyback killed my mother and bit me" he said, which is exactly what had happened to me.

"Don't marry Lily" I begged, changing the subject. "Well, you can, just don't try to have a child. Please."

He sat up almost instantly, then cried out in pain.

"As Prongs said, then you won't be born" he said in a half whisper, half yell. I shrugged slightly.

"Lily won't get killed. I'd rather you happy with a wife than unhappy with a daughter"

"I'm... what? Unhappy?" he asked incredulously. I sighed, and ran a hand through my hair again.

"Well, you act happy around me, but I can usually hear you crying at night, mumbling things. I think you might have been crying about Lily" I explained. Before I knew it, he had stumbled across the room and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Don't you ever beg me to do something like that again" he mumbled into my hair.

I nodded slowly. "Alright" I said quietly.

He pulled away and went back to his bed, lying down.

"We should get some sleep" I told him. "We'll need it"

He gave me a weak smile before closing his eyes, me following his example.

"Night Remus" I called to him softly.

"Goodnight Kaitia" he said, before everything went black as I dozed off.

***

I woke up the next morning feeling even worse than I did last night. I sighed and started getting up, swaying to the side every now and then.

"Kaitia, what are you doing?" I heard a weak voice from across the room.

"I need to get up" I said just as weakly. "Otherwise I won't be able to tonight"

I saw a small nod before I stumbled out of the room, banging into James and Sirius.

"Hey boys" I said in a small voice.

"Kaitia, what are you doing? You need to rest" James said worriedly.

I mentally rolled my eyes, but it was so sweet that he cared.

"I need to get up, I can't just lie around all day" I explained quietly.

"Well, you've been sleeping for at least half the day, it's almost 2 o'clock in the afternoon" Sirius said, trying to stifle his laughter.

"It's lunch, we came up to give you guys some food. You need to eat as well." James added.

I gave them a small smile and walked back into the room, practically collapsing onto the bed in front of me.

Sirius came over to my side and helped me lie down.

"Thanks" I whispered.

"No problem" he replied, smirking slightly. I actually did roll my eyes this time.