Two

With each floor I passed, my nerves rose up until I felt my hands sweating. The elevator music was anything but calming and my all my kind could do was think up possible disasters. I had checked my cluttered bag at least three times to make sure I didn't forget anything crucial.

Mid fourth check, the elevator doors opened with a ding and I looked up. Before me was a grand office space with windows instead of walls. The window panes were large, spreading from floor to ceiling, and my bag was left forgotten as I gaped at the beautiful skyline of Manhattan.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" A voice spoke, echoing in the vast space, making me jump slightly. Before me stood a tall handsome dark haired man, stubble layering around his chin as two chocolate brown eyes peeked down at me. The color was comforting, but his voice had been so booming and rough, his masculine thick dark eyebrows contrasting the soft color.

"Yeah--" My voice was stuck somewhere in my throat and I had to clear my throat, a blush inatantly coming up in embarrassment. "It is."

"Anais Parson, correct?" He asked slowly, back towards me as he walked to a lounge that over looked the city by the window.

My heart skipped a beat at the way my name sounded coming from his lips.

"Yes, pleasure to meet you, Mr. Gilinsky." I replied, straightning my posture. As I looked around the room I noticed various things. A small bar, a lounge area, a large desk and a table filled with snacks.

Mr. Gilinsky plopped down on the lavish couch, arm relaxing across the top part as he brought one leg up to lean over his knee.

"Come, Anais. Can I call you Anais, or would you prefer I call you Miss Parson?" He spoke, watching as I made my way toward the lounge.

"I don't mind either," I gushed. "And thanks so much for the interview." I shrugged off my coat, exposing my white sweater and black leggings. I folded my coat and sat down across from him, crossing my legs at the ankles, sitting straight. I didn't feel at ease, but I didn't feel as tense and nervous anymore.

He gave a curt nod, eyebrows furrowed. Was he annoyed at me? He looked frustrated... was I not supposed to take off my coat?

Deciding to ignore it, I reached into my bag and pulled out a recorder and a notepad with a pen, hand coming up to remove some strands from my face.

I cleared my throat once again, opening the notepad to where I had noted down the questions. I turned on the recorder and placed it on the table in front of us.

"So, Mr. Gilinsky, how are you today?" I started. It wasn't a question I had put down but it felt like a good way to start. I looked up after he didn't reply to see him watching me with a raised brow.

"That's your question?" He asked, slight surprise in his tone.

"No-- I mean yes. Wait, no. I mean, it's not on here, I just wanted to know how you were doing..." I blurted, my cheeks warming up. That was stupid; I probably shouldn't have asked that.

"I'm alright, thank you." He said, dark eyes observing intently.

"Not a problem." My voice came out weak, and I could just sink into the floor at this point. Ifthe first question already had me this uneasy; how was I going to pull off asking everything off the list?

I cleared my throat. "So, being one of the wealthiest men in New York, is there anything in particular that you owe your success to?"

I was looking down at my notebook, pen poised in my hand, not wanting to look up because I already felt his eyes on me and I knew he was observing me with his intense eyes.