Chapter 1-Boarding School

Start from the beginning

~

            "What a bitch!" yelled my boyfriend over the phone. I called him after I started hearing my father yell God's name in vain and Olivia moaning. I told him of their plan of sending me away and how it's good for me. "Why are they doing this to you?"

            "You mean, why are they doing this to us?" I asked.

            "No, I was right the first time. This has nothing to do with me."

            "Damn. Sound like you could care less."

            "Well, this has nothing to do with me. Now, where is this boarding school?"

            I huffed and tears started to form in my eyes. "It's in France," I said roughly, "They said that they chose France because I took French classes, but I only took those classes because Olivia convinced my dad to force me to take French. Never would I have thought it was apart of her big plan!"

            "So, what are we going to do about us, Jon'Atelle?" asked my boyfriend Dante. "I mean, France is all the way around the world. You're going to be there all year AND it's coed. What about me?"

            "What do you mean? If you're trying to suggest something, then say it."

            "I'm not trying to suggest anything."

            "What are you trying to suggest? Just say it."

            "Ok, I think we should break up. We should just save the heartbreak of cheating and just break up. Don't you think so?"

            I sat on my bed, stunned and still clutching the phone in my hand up to my ear. Two minutes passed before I started to hear my now ex-boyfriend say, "Hello? Are you still there?"

            "Yes," I responded, "I'm still here."

            "Ok, but did you hear what I suggested? I said, I think we should just break up. What do you think?"

            "What do I think? Well, when I asked what you were trying to suggest, I thought you were thinking of a plan for me to get out of this whole boarding school idea, but apparently I was wrong. Obviously, you've been thinking about breaking up for a while and couldn't wait for an opportunity to do it. An idea like that doesn't just come out so easily like its no big deal. So, why did this come to mind? You still fucking Jessica?"

            Before I could utter another word, the phone hunged up on the other end and I was greeted by the dial tone. Great, I thought. So, now I don't have a home or a boyfriend. Terrific!

~

            After having a rough night of trying to sleep, but still hearing my dad have sex with his tramp, I finally woke up well rested. I rolled over and checked my alarm clock and it said 9:30 a.m. I sat up to get my thoughts together of yesterday's unfortunate event and saw five big suitcases at my door, my dresser draws opened and empty, as well as my closet. The only thing that wasn't packed was me. Only one person was responsible for this; Olivia.

            I got out of bed and went searching for Olivia. I looked out the window and saw my dad's car was gone, which meant he'd already went to get the things off my list at the market. I heard the shower running from the hall and burst in. I looked at the shower curtain waiting for her to scream or say anything that would let me know she's scared of anyone that's on this side of the curtain, but she didn't. Instead of what I wanted to hear, she said, "What the hell do you want now?" She'd said it so calmly and perfect, you would've thought she was rehearsing for a movie.