0.5

"This is a very dangerous situation." Officer Horan announced, his blue eyes scanning the overcast sky

"The suspect has been described as 6''3'', thin, fair skin, blue eyes , blonde hair by witnesses who were downtown earlier this morning. " Another officer noted, 

Officer Horan nodded, sighing before being interrupted by a young woman. She was quite a sight, with wide brown eyes, olive skin and curly hair the colour of  violets. Her voice was thick with an accent, much like his own, but he recognized it as italian. 

"Officer Horan, I am Dr. Rose Troyce. This is my partner, Officer Artemis." She gestured at the tall man lingering behind her. 

He was like her shadow, always lingering, dark hair and one blue eye, one green eye, watching Officer Horan as if he was in fact the man holding innocent people hostage. 

"Pleasure to meet the two of you." Officer Horan shook both of their hands before returning to the subject at hand

"I am criminal psychologist who has worked on the Styles and Hemming murder cases, do you have any recognition of these in the media?" Dr. Troyce questioned Officer Horan, brown eyes calculating.

"Well yes, they were all over the news for weeks, especially the Hemmings murders." Niall replied before asking, "But what does that have to do with these hostage situation?"

"Well, we, well I mean, I have a feeling these cases may be connected."

"Why would you believe that Dr. Troyce?"

"Because the description of the hostage taker, fits the appearance of Lucas Hemmings, the only survivor of the murders."

Before he could reply, Officer Horan felt a chill run down his spine as he heard a small girl's screams filled the spring air.