c h a p t e r o n e

c a m e r o n ~

"New school year, new me.." I said to myself as I tied a flannel around my waist. I sighed as I looked at myself in my mirror.
My hair was curled instead of my original straightened hair..
A little bit more makeup than my usual mascara and eyeliner.
My quiet and goody goody personality, now changed to a more confident and perky personality.. Trust me that one was difficult.
And best of all...
No more crush on Zack.
Okay, maybe just a little..
I adjusted my sleeves as I looked at myself one last time before sighing once again. My black and white striped slightly oversized sweater fit my body nicely. My lightly washed color skinny jeans made my legs look skinnier than they actually were. Lastly, my red and black checkered flannel was tied around my waist finished off the look.
'Wait hmph, flannel or no flannel?' I thought. I'll ask my Twitter followers.. They always help me.
I got my phone from my bed and took a picture of my outfit with and without the flannel.
"cameron゚.*・。゚ @pxstelpoke
flannel or no flannel?¿ pls help asap tyvm🌟 -twitter picture link-"
I waited a while until I got at least one response from my internet friend Evelyn.
"evelyn゚.*・。゚ @pxsteljoe
@pxstelpoke without 😁 maybe then zack will notice you 😏"
"cameron゚.*・。゚ @pxstelpoke
@pxsteljoe omg evelyn stfu you know i dont like him anymore 😭😭💕"
"evelyn゚.*・。゚ @pxsteljoe
@pxstelpoke why are you still named after him then?😉"
"cameron゚.*・。゚ @pxstelpoke
@pxsteljoe i never said that i hated him 😔"
"evelyn゚.*・。゚ @pxsteljoe
@pxstelpoke fine 😂 go get ready for your first day🎒 i love you bitch 💕"
"cameron゚.*・。゚ @pxstelpoke
@pxsteljoe i love you too bitchato 😌💕"
I chuckled to myself as I slid my phone into my butt pocket. I untied the flannel from my waist and I hung it back inside my closet.
"Another day, another slay," I smirked as I closed my closet door walking out of my room. I turned to the right of my room and gone into my kitchen to see a note on the table with a plate of bacon and toast. I know it's not the best breakfast in the world, but it was the best in my opinion. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I looked up to see my older brother, Jake.
"Morning Jake," I smiled putting a piece of bacon in his mouth quietly laughing.
"Morning Cam," Jake mumbled as the bacon was still in his mouth.
"Don't talk with food in your mouth, that's rude," I giggled as he let me out of his grip.
"Talk talk talk," He said taking the bacon out of his mouth after.
"So are you taking me to school?" I said getting a piece of bacon for myself.
"Oh you betcha," Jake laughed.
"School starts at 8:30, remember," I pointed at him as he looked at the clock.
"It's only 7:46, chill Cam you're not gonna be late," Jake chuckled.
"But I still have to get there early for my schedule and all of that ish," I said finishing my piece of bacon.
"Ugh fine," Jake said throwing his head back,"You always want to go early. I bet you just want to see Zack." Jake smirked walking over to get his backpack.
"Shut up! I don't like Zack that way anymore! You know that Jake," I groaned rolling my eyes.
"But your Twitter username is still named after him," He pointed out searching for his car keys.
"So? What about you and Evelyn?" I smirked.
"You know that there's nothing between us," This time he groaned.
"Then why does she always tell me stuff about you?" I smirked.
He blushed,"S-she talks about me?"
"AHAHHAAAHAHAHAHA! Nope," I smiled widely.
"Damn it Cameron," Jake shook his head grabbing a piece of toast and walking towards the door.
"Jevelyn will be real one day," I hummed throwing on my backpack that was on the chair. I also picked up Jake's backpack, because well, he forgot it,"Forgetting something?"
"Ah shit my backpack," Jake said walking back.
"C'mon echo! Catch up!" I laughed because he hates it when I call him by his ign.
"Oh my god shut up pastel poke," Jake rolled his eyes laughing.
"Rude af," I groaned walking outside while he followed closely behind shutting the door.
"Ready for your first day as a junior?" Jake asked unlocking the car door.
I opened the door and stepped inside the car,"Yup. Are you ready for last first day in high school?"
"Oh don't remind me," He chuckled getting inside the car seat belting himself.
"My wittle Jakey is growing up," I laughed nudging his head putting my backpack down near my feet, I then seat belted myself.
"Don't talk to me like a baby," Jake groaned looking back to make sure no cars were near. He then drove out of the drive way and made his way down our school route.
"I actually kind of missed going down this street," I laughed looking at the beautiful flowers scattering everywhere because of the wind.
"To be honest, I kind of did too," Jake said making a turn.
"Is Junior year difficult?" I asked looking at him.
"At the beginning not so much, but near the middle and end it kind of does because you're preparing for college applications-" Jake said as I cut him off.
"I don't even know if I want to go to college though.. I'm thinking of going to a community college or something like that," I said playing with my fingers.
"Why don't you want to go to college?" He asked taking a quick look at me and refocused back on the road.
"I feel like it's not for me," I sighed,"Do you think mom and dad will get mad?"
"They should support you for whatever you do, if they don't, you know that I will," Jake smiled.
"Thanks Jake," I smiled looking at him.
He continued driving and we eventually made it to school.
"Shit," I muttered.
"Exactly what I'm thinking," Jake said.
I stared at the people who looked like freshmen,"Holy shit the freshmen are so tiny! What happened??"
"Those are freshmen?! I thought they were middle schoolers," Jake gasped as he parked the car at the student parking lot.
"Here we go," I said unbuckling the seat belt. I looked up and my heart fluttered,"Shit there's Zack."
"Make your move on him before it's too late," Jake said looking at me.
"Wait, you actually want me to get a boyfriend?" I asked shocked,"Aren't you supposed to protect me from guys? You know, like the typical movies."
"I'm serious! You need a boyfriend sooner or later Cam," Jake said unbuckling his seat belt and opening his door.
"I don't need one if I don't want one," I said opening my door and getting my backpack.
"So you're saying you don't want one?" Jake asked getting out of the car with his backpack on.
"I mean, I do, but I'm scared," I said getting out of the car holding my backpack carefully putting it on.
"There's nothing to be scared of," He said closing his door.
I closed my door,"But we're different, Jake! You're the attractive guy that every girl loves. Whereas I'm the not so attractive girl the no guy loves."
"That's funny," Jake said as we started walking inside the campus,"You unattractive? That is belly slapping hilarious!"
"Really? If it's so hilarious then why do I hardly have any friends? Why did I never have a boyfriend?"
"I- uh," Jake stuttered.
"Uh, is right," I said,"I bet you can't name one guy that has or had a crush on me."
"I would tell you, but I can't because I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone," He said as we walked inside passed the gates.
"Oh yeah right," I said rolling my eyes.
"I'm not lying! I'm serious!" Jake said.
"Haha very funny Jake," I said as looked to my right (and I see the Hollywood sign! I mean *cough cough* Who was that?) and saw Zack and his friends clowning around.
"You two would make a great couple, just saying," Jake hummed.
"Oh shut up," I laughed lightly smacking his arm.
"Dammmmmnnnn Jake! You never told me you got a girl!" Jake's friend said.
"Dammmmmmnn dude! I'm his sister," I said copying his tone of voice.
"Shit Cameron?" He asked.
"Nahhhh my names Jeff," I said,"I'll see you later Jake."
"See you later Cam," Jake smiled.
I walked to my usual spot where my best friend and I hang out at.
I heard a rustling sound and I looked to my left.
"Oh uh hey Cameron!" A guy said.
"Um, hey I guess?" I said continuing my walk to the spot.
"Heading to the spot I see," He said wiggling his eyebrows.
"I'm sorry, but do I know you?" I asked turning around.
"Dude, it's Luke," He said.
"Luke?? What the hell happened to you?!" I asked wide eyed,"Puberty hit you like a fucking truck!"
"I know! I'm so proud!" Luke laughed,"What about you miss puberty also hit you like a truck?"
"Eh I'm proud but scared of it to be honest," I laughed as we continued walking to our hanging out spot,"Good news, I finally kind of got over my crush on Zack."
"Really?! Was that difficult for you since you liked him for such a long time?" Luke asked.
"It was pretty difficult but eh I still get feels for him here and there," I said looking at the ground and back up.
"Well I'm glad puberty both hit us like a truck," Luke laughed,"What class do you have to go to first?"
"Uh C13," I said,"What about you Mr.Luke?"
"D21 Ms.Anderson," Luke smiled.
We continued walking to our table having a good conversation, like always.
"No wa-" I said getting cut off by someone brushing their arm against mine,"What the fuck?"
"Oh dude I'm sorry," The familiar voice said,"I didn't mean to."
"Nah nah it's fine, it was just surprising to me," I said turning around to face none other than Zack.
"Shit what do I do??? DO NOT PANIC CAMERON ANDERSON! NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!!" I thought to myself.
"Sorry, what's your name?" Zack asked.
"Her names Cameron," Luke smiled nudging me.
"Well Cameron, my names Zack," Zack warmly smiled.
"Nice to meet you Zack," I smiled.
"Nice to meet you too Cameron," Zack smiled,"I hope to see you soon."
"Yeah, you too," I smiled as he smiled one last time and walked back to his group of friends.
"Damn what happened to a kind of crush on him?" Luke smirked as we approached to our table.
"I don't know! I panicked! I never talked to him before," I said sitting down face palming myself.
"Don't worry Cam! It seemed like he actually liked talking to you," Luke said putting his arm around me giving me a small hug.
"Really?" I asked looking up at him.
"Yes really! Did you see the freaking smile on his face?! He hardly ever smiles like that! The only time he did was when him and Joe met!" Luke said.
"Holy shit! Really?!" I asked shocked.
"Yes really! Why would I lie to you Cameron?" Luke said looking me in the eyes.
"Thanks for backing me up back there," I smiled hugging him.
"Anything for you Cameron," Luke smiled hugging me back.
After we released from the hug, the bell rang.
"Frick," I said,"Well I'll see you at lunch Luke." I smiled as I picked up my things and walked to my classroom.
"I'll see you later Cam," Luke yelled laughing and he walked to his class.
I made my way up the stairs and realized that no way in hell I would make it up there on time.
"Why are there so many stairs?" I mumbled to myself as I looked up to see more,"Goodbye Perfect Attendance."
I sighed as I quickly ran up the rest of the stairs.
"C'mon Cameron you can do it,"I thought,"Don't ruin this reputation."
I quickly jogged to the class and I walked inside to look "normal."
"I MADE IT!!! HALLELUJAH!!" I thought to myself. I made my way to a seat near the back of the class and immediately sat down. As I sat down the bell rang.
"You got lucky this time Cameron," I thought sighing in relief.
"Hello everybody, my name is Mr.Castro, and I am your AP English teacher," A small bearded man said,"People say I'm the most strict person on campus because on my spare time I teach marching band. So I hope you have fun in my class. Make a good first impression."
"Most strict teacher on campus? Psh it seems like he can barely hurt a fly," I thought to myself again.
"Now onto the student list," Mr.Castro said as he sat in his chair and picked up the paper which I'm guessing is the student list,"First on the list, Cameron Anderson."
"Here," I smiled as I raised my hand. I heard gasps and people turning to try to find who spoke.
"She talked!" A guy gasped.
"Wait so that's Cameron??" I heard Zack ask in a quiet tone.
"Chill you guys," I said,"Focus more on Mr.Castro, not me." I crossed my arms and people turned back to look at the board.
"Anyways," Mr.Castro said carrying onto the list.
"Wait, Zack's in this class?! What the hell??" I thought to myself again,"This year is gonna be interesting, I just know it."

ayyy lmAo
I just finished writing this chapter the day before school starts 😄😄😄😄
on the bright side, you guys get a chapter and I get to see bae tomorrow ☺️
update wise, they'll be slow af, which im very sorry about..

i hope you enjoyed this chapter and you decide to stick around with me on this journey of a story 😂😂
if you have any ideas or you want to get to know me more follow my social media ☺️
i might not answer quickly, but i will answer soon so pls dont spam my phone!!

twitter: TheCampingLilly
instagram: jxnine.cx
kik: jxnine.cx
snapchat: janxne.cx

i love you 😚😚😚💖

word count: 2392💖