27. All Of The Stars

SELENAS COMMENT ON THAT PICTURE "MADE IN THE AM" 
made in the am more like mADE MY LIFE LOL
______________________________________

Selena's POV:

"Come on, I'm super excited!" I nearly squeal and I never squeal. With my grey and blue colorblock sweater, I roll up the sleeves and a bit and tug my boyfriend along.

"Okay, I'm coming," Harry struggles to put on his shoes. He insisted there was something in them that kept poking his clumsy feet. My impatience is getting the better of me as I almost begin to whine. Ever since last week at school where I saw a poster about an observatory event, I've been dying for the days to go by. 

"Your lanky body needs to hurry the hell up," I go behind him and begin pushing his back, my feet digging into the ground serving as extra strength. 

"Hey, you love this lanky body," he gestures toward his chest with his right thumb as I, you guessed it, rolled my eyes. 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, just move!" I huff. Harry seems to be finding amusement while I fold my arms across my chest.

"You are so adorable--"

"I swear if you don't go on ahead, I'm going to break up with your sorry ass," I begin and within miliseconds, the awkward boy is shuffling his feet at record speed, almost leaving me behind. 

Harry's POV:

We sit side by side, my arm wrapped around her waist. Our knees are pulled up, almost touching our chests and our feet are adjacently placed to each other. Selena tucks away her journal into her bag, seeming satisfied with the sketches she got tonight. After walking around and glancing in several telescopes, we decided to take a seat on the blankets offered by the event. The night sky lies above us through a see-through glass, circular dome-like ceiling. 

"So...stars get you excited?" I never knew until today the enthusiasm she has for astronomy.

"You can say that," she plays with the little strands from her hoodie, "my parents always told me stories about horoscopes and what moon I had and how the alignment of certain planets during the time of my birth made up parts of my identity. It's just really fascinating."

I smile down at her as she unconsciously tilts her head, leaning it to rest in the crook of my shoulder. Her just rambling about something she honestly cares about is one of my favorite sights of her. The passion in her eyes and her voice just makes all her already beautiful features even more alive and stunning. Sometimes I still have to blink and pinch myself to make sure that I'm actually dating her and this isn't a sick trick. 

"My mum used to take me and Gemma stargazing. I remember staying up late on some nights just to get a decent picture of like, for example, the red moon. It was cool and sometimes I miss things like that. Gemma's busy with university and mum has responsibilities and you know, stuff like that." 

She stares at me and bites her lip, looking like she's in some deep thought.

"Don't do that," I bring my left thumb up to her bottom lip to drag it down from her top row of teeth that was keeping it captive. 

"Why?" she glances up at me with such innocence in her eyes, a striking contrast to what most people would relate her to. The shining hazel got me feeling some type of way. 

"Niall dancing," I shut my eyes, mumbling to myself, envisioning how cringe-worthy my pal can be.

"What?"

"I need to think of disturbing thoughts to distract me from...other thoughts," I breathe in heavily before opening my eyes again only to see her, well, roll her eyes.

"Hey. One day, they'll fa--"

"Yeah, yeah, they'll fall out, I get it." 

"I'm just watching out for you, babe," I wrap both of my arms around her waist and press a longer than usual kiss to her cheek. 

"Okay, okay," she shoves me, attempting to loosen my grip. I grin but only keep my hold on her tighter. Hearing her sigh in semi-defeat leaves the smile nearly embedded onto my face. Her futile tries pause and I look down at her face only to see her squinting her eyes at people in the distance.

"Who's tha--" I begin but she stands up, catching me off guard. 

Selena's POV: 

"Hey, Matthew! Vanessa right?" I turn to the older girl beside my younger friend. She appears surprised that I'm even talking to her and even more shocked that I know the freshman. I can sense she developed a sense of respect for him and I'm glad I can help boost his confidence. Matt shyly grins at me before averting his eyes to behind me. 

"Hey, I'm Harry, Selena's boyfriend," he says cheesily, flashing a wide smile. 

"Christ," I mutter, "okay, now we'll be leaving. See you around, kiddo." 

I drag Harry by the wrist back to our previous spot and playfully glare at him.

"What?" he questions innocently as if he has no idea what he's just done.

"Can you not say that every five minutes to every single human being you see?" 

"Selena, it's my greatest accomplishment and I just need to tell everyone. It's like if I were a world-famous singer in a band or something and we just released an album we worked really hard on making. I would want to tell everyone I walk by to like check out our single. I spent years on trying to get your attention and you know, I'd like people to know that I finally have the girl of my dreams." 

"That, and I just want everyone to know how beautiful you are and how very much mine you are," he giggles, "not to brag."

"That's totally bragging."

"I have you. I think I deserve total bragging rights." 

I intentionally let him see me roll my eyes but I slightly turn away from him when I feel the smile I desperately want to hide, creep onto my face. I'm sure he can see it from the corner of his eyes based on the peaceful sigh that emits his mouth. Finding a distraction, I check my phone and keep my eyes on the screen as the two of us just settle into this comfortable silence. My finger pauses on an e-mail in my inbox and checking it, my eyes slightly widen. 

"Harry," I can't contain the bliss in my voice as he peers over my phone, his face slowly shifting from confusion to utter joy. 

"Congrats, babe," he presses his lips against my temple as I reread the message with slightly shaky fingers. I'm going to have my own art exhibit in three weeks because someone saw my mural when they were visiting the school and watching the dancers and then asked around for my information.

"I'm so proud of you," he tightens the hug and for once, I don't even pretend to dislike it or fight it off. I welcome his grasp and clutch onto his bicep, enjoying his warmth. After I finish forwarding the message to my family, I exhale happily. My finger traces his star tattoo and he smiles down at me as I lean down to kiss the center of the five-point figure. I finally feel that maybe the stars are perfectly aligned and this is the universe telling me that everything can be okay after all. Maybe Crystal was right all along--life slowly, but surely does get better.